Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
British sports car firm AC is ready to strike with this venomous new coupé. The Mamba, named after a snake like its Cobra stablemate, is seen here for the first time. But there's a sting in the tail from the Surrey-based company; it's going eco-friendly and offering one model powered by gas.
The £47,995 Green Mamba has a 4.0-litre 190bhp Ford straight-six and an LPG tank. Petrol-powered cars come with a choice of two units. The entry-level model has a 230bhp uprated version of the Ford engine, while the top-of-the-range £58,995 Black Mamba uses the Cobra's 350bhp twin-turbo V8. All have carbon fibre bodies.

The Mamba is built on the Cobra's chassis, and has power-steering and air-con as standard. "We want to expand our customer base," said chairman Alan Lubinsky. "That means creating a refined car which appeals to new buyers, yet is raw enough not to deter traditional AC owne

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
They stole my idea!! (Like Ford stole Laminge's idea to make the Rebel - these guys must be psychic...)

Funny they say 'venomous' new coupe. My label is Venomous Records, and I was going to have decals made up using the snake head from my logo. The snake's head is Cobra'ish looking, but as my car is a six it can't be a Cobra (I have upmost respect for the Cobra name) Instead I was gonna nickname it the 'black mamba' Falcon, being a black car it seemed to fit!

Then again, the XC Cobra wasn't an AC Cobra or a Shelby Cobra and I've seen 'Rebel' on a Nissan 4WD, so maybe i will use 'black mamba' anywayz. All part of the plan for the visual look of my car. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts