Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Ford Dealers be more helpful to customers, and the staff at Ford Customer Service do a bit more to help, instead of saying we cant do that, to a simple request like getting a loan car while mine is getting the radio fixed.
It is a brand new BA XR8, had a premium sound system fitted by Ford dealer at extra cost, and now Ford wont assist
 

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
Joined
·
3,838 Posts
Well the squeaky wheel gets the oil ........ kick up a big stink and you will get a loan car.

Jason
 

·
FF Town Sheriff
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
I'm more interested in the fact that they fitted premium sound after delivery when (i think) they arn't supposed to.

Must have cost a packet more.........

however, seems today more dealers only offer loan cars at a price, and pre booking in advance.

Does your dealer know you very well? have you established a relationship with them yet?

Seems these 2 things, go a long way to helping with your request.

cheers,

philbie
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
philbie said:
I'm more interested in the fact that they fitted premium sound after delivery when (i think) they arn't supposed to.

Must have cost a packet more.........

however, seems today more dealers only offer loan cars at a price, and pre booking in advance.

Does your dealer know you very well? have you established a relationship with them yet?

Seems these 2 things, go a long way to helping with your request.

cheers,

philbie
thanks for your advice, it has been a very frustrating experience. Cost me just under $3000 for conversion, worked for a week and now no sound.
Made 4 trips to local Ford dealer, 400 km round trip, only to be told we dont know what is wrong. We need your car for maybe 2 weeks to sus it out.
Not very professional really, and we are all Ford family!
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife drives a Mustang convertable, and the sound system in that is great, just about lays the ears back.
The sound system in the XR8 was pretty poor in comparison, so I had it upgraded to premium by the dealer for $3000.
While it was working it was not too bad, not as good as the Mustang sound system still but better than it was
 

·
Editor on P Plates
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
If it worked for a week and now nothing, it's probably (and hopefully) something as simple as a wet behind the ears apprentice not tightening a screw or clip properly and now a wire has fallen off somewhere in the guts of the dash.

They're going to need to pull the dash back out to look for it anyway, but as has been said, I was under the impression that dealer fitted premium sound was a BIG no no.

Ford will have (in this case probably rightly) washed their hands of the matter, but the dealer is completely liable for the quality of his own work and must fix or replace it.

Loan cars are another matter, and something that is all too rare now. Our own local dealer needs 3 days notice and charges $27 per day, as well as requiring the car back with a full tank of gas again.
 

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
When I took the AUII XR6 in for a service, because I took it back to the dealer that I bought it from which was the other side of Sydney from where I lived, I couldn't go anywhere without the car.

No problem thinks I, I'll sit and wait as the sign says that they don't offer a loan vehicle.

After waiting 5 hours, another couple come in and sit down. They have been there for 5 minutes before a serviceman comes in and offers them a Falcon to borrow. How long will the car take? the guy asks. 40 minutes was the reply. No they won't worry about it, they will sit and wait.

I've sat here for 5 FFFing hours and don't even get offered coffee!

So I after 6 hours, I crack the sh!ts wanting to know why they were offered a car and I wasn't.

It's seems that they were friends of the guy that works there.

Well, I really lost it when they came back and told me that they had damaged the front bodykit on the hoist.

So yes, I'd agree Ford need to lift their game.
 

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
Joined
·
953 Posts
Ford 3000 bucks, you would have been better off trading it in and getting a brand new one!! Well nearly neways, as for charging $3000 i find that a little over the top, but i would have put up with the standard one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Unfortunately it depends on which dealership you are dealing with,i have never found a problem when i went to New Oak Ford always been very helpful and a loan car was offered.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Someone I know needs the engine rebuilt in their GT-P due to excessive oil use or something - common problem I believe? Anyway, while the work is being done at FPV which will take a few weeks, the dealer will be supplying a loan car - a GT-P!
 

·
Wildlife Photographer
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
tranquilized said:
Someone I know needs the engine rebuilt in their GT-P due to excessive oil use or something - common problem I believe? Anyway, while the work is being done at FPV which will take a few weeks, the dealer will be supplying a loan car - a GT-P!
Are you sure it's not a GTS ? :fluffy:
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
NeilHall said:
Should Ford Dealers be more helpful to customers, and the staff at Ford Customer Service do a bit more to help, instead of saying we cant do that, to a simple request like getting a loan car while mine is getting the radio fixed.
It is a brand new BA XR8, had a premium sound system fitted by Ford dealer at extra cost, and now Ford wont assist

Ohh Boy mate your in serious trouble

From what I could work out, most of the wiring and putah needs to be changed.

It doesnt suprise me the radio doesnt work

Be interested to see the outcome of this, however, if the dealer has undertaken this task, its like any radio joint - No Loan Car

Sorry mate, but your in a toit spot!
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
Duhig Ford Essendon you book your car in for a service then you book a service car normally a XT Falcon or Focus at no charge...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top