Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intending to fit new discs and pad all 'round this weekend and i'm curious to know if anyone else has had a 'life of the pads' experience with Lucas pads... supposedly European high performance pads.

After a nightmare with new DBAs and EBC pads (the EBCs and the brake place being the problem) I had everything replaced with new DBAs and Lucas pads.

I must say that combo was brilliant for the 20,000kms I had them (before car was totalled).

I found them to be quiet, very low dust and pulled the car up beautifully every time no matter what the weather, speed etc.

I haven't heard of anyone else using this combo and wondered if anyone else had tried them and what they thought... views on performance, how long did they last etc.

I'm fitting DBA slotted to the front, DBA standard in the rear and Lucas pads all 'round - $650 the lot (fitted).

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Thats a good price for rotors and pads, I asked the same question in the other thread, who are Lucas. Apart from being a Euro brand, do they have a pad for the T2's brakes.

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know that much about them other than they are a Euro high grade/high performance pad. I've tried Bendix, EBC and Lucas and much prefer the Lucas pads... seem to last a bit longer too and no more brake dust than average.

Give Brett at ABS Springwood a call (3808 3533).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts