Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody believe that? in australia they're trying to pass of a V6 as being 'made for drivers' and sounding good??

he-llo!! ... its a bluddy six!

watch out. they may try make a 4.0 litre V8 camry.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If they fix they drive train give the car some personality and a v8 they might sell some but still not many.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
same people who think the new avalon is attractive

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, a Camry being a drivers car! Bwahahahaha! When the hell is Avalon being scrapped? I hardly see any on the road (thank Christ).

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EED-250 said:
u knocking six's buddy?
ill be knocking your head on the next cruise for that one!
;)
*ducks head.. haha..

yeh the ford i6 is :hy:

but still, what's toyota doing? its the wrong country for that kind of ad campaign.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
jmartion said:
does anybody believe that? in australia they're trying to pass of a V6 as being 'made for drivers' and sounding good??

he-llo!! ... its a bluddy six!

watch out. they may try make a 4.0 litre V8 camry.
Toyota are a bit embarressed about this one. The correct text should have been "Made for Pizza Delivery Drivers".

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
I quite like the v6 camry. Its a damn nice car to drive. But it does lack a little torque however.... Its fuel efficient, powerful, and refined, and would probably give most of us guys a good run for its money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Twin cams, alloy and 24 valves with a 140Kw was pretty impressive back in late 80's early 90's... Now its nothing special..

Where is the VVT as seen on every other Toyota engine? Wheres the power increase in 10 years! Hell its still running a 4 speed auto! This is the toyota that used to advertise that their cars made no noise (remember the sand pit add!!).. Now they are telling us they are sporty, and make fantastic noise..

Sporty my arse, toyota hasn't sold a decent sports car in 10 years!

For my money I would much rather hammer a deal on a 3.5L Magna sports. Its torquey, ok its a front driver, but you still have a ~25kw advantage over a camry and a more entertaining drive.

Toyota makes fine house appliances. White, reliable, don't make too much noise, simple. Very conservative.

I don't mind the new styling on the camry. But really, they are stagnating. Toyota needs a big overhaul of its products here. Beats me how they get to number 1...

Ignoring the engine, its the chassis too that has alot of issues. Toyota sports tune suspension generally is a hodgepog of a mess.

They could make exciting cars. AWD camrys, 3.0L MR-2's, made the avalon a LWB rwd car. But no......

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
Me thinks that Toyota is trying to rip off the old HSV V8 Symphony.
Allthough its Holden that was a killer add love the engine sound.
Toyotas engine sounds like a dying cat.......

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
It's a reasonable engine packaged in a comprehensively ANTI-DRIVER chassis. Methinks they hired one of the General's marketing departments for this blatant display of dishonesty! :1poke: :MrSparkle

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Well the v6 is straight out of the Lexus ES300, sostop complaining, its silky smooth, and suprisingly, has a little bit of punch when the revs get up. Thats not to say it will beat a v8, but you need to give the bland beige v6 camry a little respect. After all, they sell don't they ?

Im always under the impression that the camry wants to be in the same league as the large cars, I guess they dont do too bad as a stop gap between corolla/pulsar/astra. But its toyota who gets the final laugh; face it, they get a fairly steady stream of sales, and the car was the number 2 best selling family car in the US for quite a while in the late 90s, dont know about now.

You have to see guys, 75% of the community doesn't give a **** about performance.

Oh and I know this thread has been done in jest, and fun, but you have to watch knocking HADs. Some jap and german HADS would put FPVS in their place.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
I think its a pretty neat ad (even though it is for an Appliance). I think Ford could have done something like that for the launch of the Turbo.

·
Still Here! Barely...
652 Posts
Exactly smciner! Ford should of had an ad like that... why is that the marketing departments for even a white goods brand can get out a message of "performance" and "grunt" (even though we know the truth on that one for a camry.. however alot of the everyday ppl dont) while we are left with some funny, but sometimes missing the market ads

1 - 16 of 16 Posts