Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been on the blower. they have apparantley found, or so they say a warehouse or warehouses full of cleveland motors.
supposed to be 351.
I was under the impression all clevo's had been used.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
call off the hound's, 99, the pennie's dropped. they are or were part of an oversupply or over production for the Ford heavy duty series. All fuel injected and ready to go. now my heart can stop beating.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... brand new Clevos would be a Clevo fanatic's dream come true could be worth big dollars.:eek:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
truck motor's but. dont these mothers have the larger crankshaft weight's to keep the momentum going

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont know D.K I hope I have'nt bought a ex-truck 5.8 for the chaser. jesus that's all I need now. surely you can do mods with thrust bearings etc. But I suppose it depends on the size of the mains.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE DOCTOR said:
call off the hound's, 99, the pennie's dropped. they are or were part of an oversupply or over production for the Ford heavy duty series. All fuel injected and ready to go. now my heart can stop beating.
DAMN!! If they're fuel injected they must be Windsors.
351 Windsors truck engines are similar to the one in the cars except they have twin throttle bodies and bigger intake manifold and possibly other little things that I can't think of.
:(

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll ask him, give me five minutes to ring and confirm. maybe they are windsor's. thats what I said before, I thought all clevo's had been used

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay some more light has been shed.
According to his info the warehouse's are in Dayton, Ohio.
He cannot confirm what they are, but thinks they may be Cleveland. will let me know tomorrow. when he find's out more. This is starting to spin me out. Did Ford make a fuel injected Cleveland, and if so what for. (if it is a cleveland).

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
D.K I can breathe through my ears.
Wow thats an interesting ability! My computer hadn't allowed for that in our takeover plan, I'll have to add that to the details to work out the plans :D ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah right...:p
the little green guy has the right idea

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doc the Clevelands have only been in the US from '70 - '74 so I doubt they would be injected and the equipment to make these engines were then brought to Oz so they could still be made here until '82.
Only way to have injected Clevelands is getting parts from aftermarket manufacturers.

Here is a link showing a Cleveland converted to EFI.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/05/falconute/index.shtml

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, I knew that much.
what I dont understand is what they have found, why dayton in ohio, thats a fair whack from dearborn in michigan, to say the least.
I suspect like you they are windsor's, and as said were heavy duty truck motor's. but will know more tomorrow.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
dont know D.K I hope I have'nt bought a ex-truck 5.8 for the chaser.
Have you sourced your 5.8 from these guys Doc??

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
11 Participants
THE DOCTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing