Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ,

I recently installed an SPAC dash cluster to an EA GL which use to have just fuel /temp/speedo. After fitting it, all the guages worked apart from the tacho which i knew had to be connected to vacant pin on connector 8. SO i ran a cable from the coil through through the firewall to the connector. Presto, the tacho works.... well it ran for 3 days....

Now... nothing. Will not run on petrol nor gas. If i listen while turning the key to the on position i usually could hear the fuel pump for a few seconds. Now i cant. The engine turns but doesnt fire. There is spark though.

My old man rang a mechanice freind who suggests it could be the replacemt dash cluster, the fuel gauge may have to much resistance but i dont think that is the case. He then wired a 12 volt feed to the postive side of the gas solanoid and it started on gas !

WOuld anyone have any suggestions coz id hate to go back the tacky old GL dash :(

Cheers!

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
its possible there were some modifications done to the dash when the gas was installed, especially if the fuel guage changed depending on which fuel you were running.

I'd suggest to call the gas installation place that did the install (should be listed on the compliance plate) and ask them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts