Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i've been thinkin about this for a while now, and since i found out that the existing rear muffler was starting to corrode i decided to get a new 2 1/2 inch Mandrel exhaust fitted.

I chose the combo that will give me the most sound absorbsion for a 2 1/2 inch. but it still gives a nice note. The front section of the exhuast assy is a Mecury with a hotdog and a muffler config. The back half is an ESA with a muffler just before the tail pipe.

The result is brilliant, there is a faint droan (probably not classified as doaning but the sound is there compared to stock) cruising on a hill in 5th doing 80/90km/h underload but i guess thats just part of having a 2 1/2inch setup.

But the biggest plus is the rev pickup above 2000rpm it's great seems heaps more free'er than before. She pulled real hard up Lapo Hill this evening. :nuts: :nuts: I should be closer to my target of 120kw at the wheels now.
So now when i do accelerate past people theres abit brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt in the note which is great.
Oh yeah one last thing i used the existing exhaust tip which sits closer into the bumper. :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Do you find yourself giving it a blat when going under bridges and tunnels now :nuts:

How much did it cost ya?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Fantastic.

Now you need a V8 to make it sound RIGHT ;)

BTW; I got the H1 50+ globes ordered from Ingrams, however you will ahve to duck down the road from work and order them because they only stock H1s in Melbourne now.

Regards,
Pete

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Fantastic.
BTW; I got the H1 50+ globes ordered from Ingrams, however you will ahve to duck down the road from work and order them because they only stock H1s in Melbourne now.

Regards,
Pete
Might as get em when your down here in a few weeks....

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Martin said:
Do you find yourself giving it a blat when going under bridges and tunnels now :nuts:

How much did it cost ya?
Yeah have been doing that a few times actually to see how the car sounds.

The parts and fitting price normally costs $330, but since my rear muffler was stuffed and covered under warrenty i got the whole job done for $260.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aussie Pete said:
Fantastic.

Now you need a V8 to make it sound RIGHT ;)

Regards,
Pete
Scooby, you dead right there mate, nothing sounds like an 8.
Yeah i'll go down sometime next week to order the globes. Also i'll have to see your car sometime too, if you have time.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nipper said:
Gary, Where are the Pacemaker Headers and high flow Cat.....??????
Mate, there in the pipe line, when i have saved enough dosh. I had to ditch the hi-flow cat for now as i had a look at my cat with a torch when the muffler was of and it was ok no signs of collapse or wearing. I'm nearly broke at the moment with the smash repair/exhaust bill and the Melbourne trip expense. :( :( :(

Also in regards to extractors i am investigating a set of extractors that will cater for the heat sheild that the stock manifolds have. I want that shield to keep the heat away from the top of the engine. I think HM have extractors and cat together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts