Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Explorer is coming though I'm a bit confused to as when it will arrive in NZ and Australia, the last I knew I heard it was going to arrive in NZ later this year?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
You sure that's a new Explorer and not a show special?? :WH: I thought the new Explorer looked pretty much like the current jobbie.. :confused:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Tell ya what, I like the look of that!
From memory I think that is the new one, a bit bigger and "tougher" than the current one. I think Ford done a bit of testing here in OZ.
I wonder if I could get one with a 5.4 in it?:p
Russell.
oh yeah, that colour is awesome.:nuts:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTF is going on - the bottom pic is supposed to be a different pic, I uploaded a new attachment an it changed the two last pictures.

What!?:( :( :( :( :(

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Tell ya what, i'd prefer a Falcon R5 over an Explorer anyday - a Tickford VCT or Turbo would most likely flog the pants off a regular Explorer, it might even run up close to a 4.6 explorer, with power-to-weight ratios being taken into account..

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
We need the explorer now, even if the Raptor gets the go ahead its not going to be here for atleast a couple of years. I also can't see why they couldn't sell the two side by side, the more Ford products available the better.:D

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
J-type said:
The new Explorer is coming though I'm a bit confused to as when it will arrive in NZ and Australia, the last I knew I heard it was going to arrive in NZ later this year?
I'm pretty sure the new Explorer is due for launch sometime towards the end of this year in Oz. I'd imagine that NZ would be around the same time but am not really sure.

The pictures are showcars but new Explorers, IMHO, look much meaner than the current batch. But there's not much great difference between them.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
RAPTOR said:
Hmmmm, lets see. Exploder or R5?
I'll take the R5 as well thanks.. :D

Doc isn't that the 2001 Explorer Sport??

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Carn guys, isn't it obvious?
one's a wagon and the other's a crew cab ute.
WE CAN HAVE BOTH:D
A market exists for both of em here.
Russell.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Rastus said:
Carn guys, isn't it obvious?
one's a wagon and the other's a crew cab ute.
WE CAN HAVE BOTH:D
A market exists for both of em here.
Russell.
I agree Russell.Both are different vehicles with different potential buyers i reckon.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Here's an interesting photo.:D
Thats a picture of the Explorer Sport that they sell in the US. It's been pretty succesful and when i was in the US in July i saw tonnes of them.. Wouldn't mind them, I guess you could call it the modern day Bronco

1 - 17 of 17 Posts