Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today got a set of Lukey extractors fitted to XR6 (AU2 VCT), disappointed that the 'metal mesh' that was covering the original part couldnt be reattached, the car looks a little bare under the hood!. The car seems to drive better, certainly more repsonsive, though has a bad burning smell which they say will pass. But the exhaust note is very much the same, slightly more noticeable but only just. The extractors go from 6 to 3 to 1, also noticed on invoice that it stated extractors for Falcon 4.0L ED extractors, didnt notice this to after, im presuming they attach in all the same way from the ED series thru to AU/AU2. Any comments?.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
I know EA pipes fit everythink up to EL, AU I do not know. The smeel should only last a couple of days. :) Why didn't ya do the whole system? Major difference...

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have an XR6 VCT, which has a sport system already and was advised (maybe badly) that the extractors should be first/main priority...

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Apparently a set of extractors should give the car 10-15kw did you have a high flow cat fitted as well?? Yeah about that mesh thing you mentioned it would be a good ideea to fit one on as it keeps the heat within the exhaust/extractor down low in the engine bay, so the engine remains cooler and air intake is cold.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think the 10-15kw relies mostly on the high flow cat.

Ive also been told (from a fairly reliable source) that EL xr6 exhaust system gives a performance improvement for AU 6 ? any comments?

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
I've got 2-3-1 extractors on my ED and never noticed much change. I've heard from several sources that 3-2-1 extractors definitely give a good improvement and that 2-3-1 does bugger all. I'll be getting some Genie 3-2-1's in the next couple of months and will post the result.

2-3-1
\/ \/ \/
..\ | /
..../

3-2-1
\|/ \|/
...\ /
.../

The fullstops are only there to push the lines over.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my pacemakers fit ea to au and they made a big differance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes ea to au are the same extractor, As i have put geni extractors on my
au 1 falcon with 2.5" sports systerm and sound great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts