Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, got my hands on some BBS mags the other day 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Deja Vu. I saw a car like this elsewhere on the forum. lol

Looking good! now all you need is a stage 1 or 2 turbo kit from TSA.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
LOL...not after he spent that amount of dough on the extractors, exhaust and all...it'd all just go to waste. That's exactly what I did before I drove my XR6 into TSA for the very first time, learnt my lesson the hard way.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
mal - Don't worry about that - that's nothing compared to the cost of these wheels! And he could always sell those bits on here. It NEEDS to be done. A car that looks that good, has to have the go to match the show (as you well know).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont need to sell eny thing, was looking at a unichip but have heard that they can be trouble, may look into a capa super charger. next on the list is Koni shocks and King springs, drop it down about 1.5 or 2 inches, and Brembo brakes. Why because i can !

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
S/c is good! Springs and shocks also good. veeerrry nice car Shane.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Good to know that you've got the dough to back up the mods Shane. Didn't imply that you don't but if I did, sorry.

Yes, bring on FORCED INDUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
shane3 said:
Dont need to sell eny thing, was looking at a unichip but have heard that they can be trouble, may look into a capa super charger. next on the list is Koni shocks and King springs, drop it down about 1.5 or 2 inches, and Brembo brakes. Why because i can !
Words of a wise man!! Good stuff.

I'd be interested to see how many companies will do aftermarket blower kits for the standard BA 6s and how effective they are.

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
NICE Blueprint beauty there, nice rims, I've been thinking of similiar ones for our Phantom beast.

I do have a question though......

OK, The SS Inductions Snorkel? Is it really worth putting on an N/A? It's definatley a benefit for the XR6 TURBO I was told not to bother by several sources for the N/A as they will not improve performance in an Naturally Aspirated motor. Some actually get squashed down once the bonnet is closed. My XR still has the standard XR6 N/A snorkel.

Unless you are doing 180+ everywhere, it doesn't matter how much air goes through the opening, you still have the same sized opening at the end of the hose. Correct me if I'm wrong.....Hell If I am, I will probably get the XR6T snorkel for approx $35.

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
shane3 said:

i dont need to say...

DUMP IT! :wnc: :wnc:

dont know if i like the wheels....maybe just coz its so high for 19's.....but its ur car anyway...cant wait to see what mods u get :hy:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NA thunder, IF you look at he pic of the SS induction system you'll see that there are 3 spacers in the mouth of it, these have taken the opening from 22mm high to 35mm high, a lot of size increase, you also have to remove some of the weather strip from the bonnet so it doesn't squash it closed, it took me 3 days to get the correct height for the opening without hitting the inside of the bonnet.
Along with the Full Herrod exhaust inclueding headers, and a K&N filter once you get over 2000rpm (35kmh) you can tell the differance. The SS induction mouth is almost the same lenth as the front grill, were as the xr6t snorkel still quite small. The SS cold air system was $350 from Autobarn in Dandy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts