Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably the only one, but I have to say I am happy to see the new mini. Good to see it has the old mini character about its styling.

The S/C Cooper S would be interesting to drive.:gok:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I saw them at the Melbourne Motor Show. I like the exterior stying, but the dials leave a bit to be desired IMO. Too hard to read and in the wrong place.. :rolleyes:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i never had a thing for Mini's particularly after my experience in one. My mate had a mini 1100cc, this was going back in my days of year 12, we wanted to go somewhere and i said to my friend to bring a sparetyre and put some air in it. He never bothered with a spare till i told him.
Our luck came when driving down the great western hwy at 80kmph, the tyre blew on the front bloody hell i was ****tin my self lucky there was no cars in the non overtaking lane so we pulled over ok. But if there was geeeeeez.......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah now you know why mini's don't appeal to me.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
To big to much money still made in england. Will be dropped in a couple of years. VW is already thinking about axeing the Beetle. Oh yeah I work for Rover/MG so I know what the Mini will be like.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Mini's are great for practical jokes. When I was at school, we had at least 5 guys with minis, one had a Cooper S he rebuilt with his Dad. They were always parked in the shopping centre carpark across the road from the school, and we made the poor bugger who owned the Coopers S cry by getting several of the larger, footy heads to pick it up, and move it to the carpark on the other side of the shopping centre. Most funny. :D

There's a fairly famous incident courtesy of Melb Uni students, who partially disassembled a lecturer's mini, and reassembled it on a foot bridge on the uni grounds - that would have been good to see! :evil:

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Heck we did the infamous moving of cars on instructors. We got one of the basketball coaches Mercedes and moved it in the auditorium. That was a feat in itself since the door were not wide enough to Drive through.

I love practival jokes when they are not played on me or my vehicle like that.

LunaticSS

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Heard a story about some highschool kids who picked up their teachers Mazda and put it between 2 trees so there was just enough room to squeeze between the bumper and the tree. To say she was angry is selling it short!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts