Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*****new Mirc Directions*****

Sorry for changing this guys but this way was much easier, thanks to LunaticSS for creating an fordforums channel on his server :D
<ol>
<li>Download and Install mIRC from www.mirc.com</li>
<li>Run the program</li>
<li>When you pass the slpash screen you will see the mIRC options screen, click the add buton.</li>
<li>Enter a description (Fordforums will do) then in IRC server, enter irc.autoforumscentral.com then click ok</li>
<li>Click connect to IRC server</li>
<li>Close the "mIRC CHANNELS FOLDER"</li>
<li>To join fordforums chat (I am currently trying to register the room as I type this) type /join #fordforums </li>
</ol>

Hope this doesn't cause any problems or confusion...

Please also note that this is a private IRC server for use by active forums members only, it is not an IRC channel on DAL net or similar which is open to the general public.

Other than that if you are an active member, join in the fun, and don't mind the kickfests etc. that sometimes go on, it's all part of the fun and games us regulars have come to play.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Me can only try tonite, no irc at work. Sorry guys...

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
DK,

So when are we going to organise a Mirc meeting time, that way we can make sure a number of people are there at the chat room. Once we organise that lets roll out the drinks. :D :D :D

Make it at night where everyone can get on Mirc, Aussie Pete you can join in this as well from home.

·
2,153 Posts
I still think MSN messenger is a better program.

-smaller and faster.
-lets you have multiway chats like IRC.
-pressing enter sends the message, unlike ICQ where you have to press the send button or ctrl-enter.
-you can have a voice chat over the internet (dependant on firewall)
-you get notified when you receive new Hotmail.
-It tells you when somebody is typing a response.
-If you add somebody to your buddy list on your work PC, it remembers that when you log on to your home PC, unlike ICQ where you have to do this twice.
-dissadvantage is you cannot send offline messages, you have to use hotmail instead.

My firewall prevents IRC.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My firewall will prevent IRC and MSN messenger when at uni...
AOL IM has a group chat function :rolleyes:
Seriously though guys If I'm online I'm in there so feel free to wander in.
Any thoughts on a time for a meet anyone?

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
midnight im normally in there. hahaha

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
IT WONT WORK!!!:(
Please help, me and computers don't mix to well.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
priteshpatel99 said:
IT WONT WORK!!!:(
Please help, me and computers don't mix to well.
Umm with such a breif description of what is happeneing I can't help ya but if you tell me more about whats going wrong I'll see if I can find the problem.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I am in there now (oz.org) #fordforums but no one else is. I have @ next to my nick so no one else has registered the Channel. What's gonna happen DK???

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Cobra it is not on oz.org

it is now on this server at

irc.autoforumscentral.com port 6667

Channel is regestered and has/had a few folks in there.<--depends on when you go in there.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
DONUT KING said:

Umm with such a breif description of what is happeneing I can't help ya but if you tell me more about whats going wrong I'll see if I can find the problem.
I've done everything in your list (your first post in this thread) at when it tries to connect it just keeps going attempt failure and tries agaian and again with no outcome!:(

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
priteshpatel99 said:

I've done everything in your list (your first post in this thread) at when it tries to connect it just keeps going attempt failure and tries agaian and again with no outcome!:(
Sounds suspiciously like what happens to me when I'm at uni... this could be because you are behind a firewall, I know thats my problem when at uni.
Sorry bout that pritesh, I can see the havock you would cause in an IRC channel ;) :D

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
thanks lunaticSS, yer well I in here now noe one else is. But the channel is registered so atleast I know im in the right place!;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts