Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article in NZ Herald today that the new Monaro is rumoured to be using a 5.7 litre engine producing 340 Kw's.If this article is correct then Uncle Geoff and happy Jack HEELLLP!!
Maybe DOHC 5.8 litre's is needed soon.It could just be talk.
I will add a note that the reference was to the top of the line HSV model. I expect the Holden model may ues different spec engines.
 

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
Is that force fed or Naturally aspirated?

Surely, if it comes through, the stroker will be able to put out similar figures.

Paul.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The article was small and only mentioned power output.Unsure if it is forced but it sure means Ford better have something up their sleeve.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
simple really. take 2 sheep divide by 3, then calculate the compound interest of the parabolic circle travelling at the speed of light past 3 men who took 4 day's to mow a lawn of 6 acres.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THE DOCTOR said:
simple really. take 2 sheep divide by 3, then calculate the compound interest of the parabolic circle travelling at the speed of light past 3 men who took 4 day's to mow a lawn of 6 acres.
Ah ah duh ah um:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: Whew
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Fred Dagg told me that one when I met him, he was with Bruce Bayliss. You know him BBF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
HSV version of the coupe is meant to be the very best Holden in terms of handling yet. In the HSV owners mag they give it a very good rap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
That Monaro is probably the unit from HSV the 2002 LS6 CORVETTE has 405 hp standard. So with some similar engine mods ala callaway they might get it.

You will probably pay 120 k thats bloody to much to pay for commy.

I have 340 kw at fly without spending that much.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THE DOCTOR said:
Fred Dagg told me that one when I met him, he was with Bruce Bayliss. You know him BBF.
Yeah i know the ones. Bruce and Trev and Fred and their gumboots.LOL
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VX SS said:
That Monaro is probably the unit from HSV the 2002 LS6 CORVETTE has 405 hp standard. So with some similar engine mods ala callaway they might get it.

You will probably pay 120 k thats bloody to much to pay for commy.

I have 340 kw at fly without spending that much.
[/QUOTE
340 Kw's is a hell of a lot of power for a factory release car. I expect there will be people that will pay 120K .Impressive if true.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THE DOCTOR said:
he had seven sons if I remember right, and they were all called trev.
I think you're right. I wonder what his missus was called.Was it Trevess.I saw Fred fronting a funny Aussie news type program.Still as much of a laugh as always.
 

·
Future XR Owner
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
I'd be very suprised to see that much power come out of the Holden factory. HSV possibly, CSV definitly. $120,000 though, please, another 20 and you've got yourself an M3:nuts:
 

·
In a blue Galaxy
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
That Monaro is probably the unit from HSV the 2002 LS6 CORVETTE has 405 hp standard.

the latest Corvette ZO6 uses the LS6. It has 287kw, the exact same power and torque ouput as the Mustang Cobra R's output. 287kw does equal 385hp. You're 20hp shy buddy....
 

·
In a blue Galaxy
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
I was at my the Smith Holden dealer in Geelong and the guy told me that the next GTS/Monaro will cost about 110k and have an engine power output of upto 350kw. At the time (december last year) i thought he was full of shyte. i was telling him about the Hiller coupe, which had 350kw with or 600kw @ max boost of 18 or 19psi. He told me at the time don't be so sure this will ever happen, but be sure what I'm telling you will. I presumes if he told me stuff so premature then it must be shyte. I hope that he wasnt right all along, about the coupe he was but heaven forbid if holden/HSV have 340kw and we jsut manage to scrape in 300kw too years too late.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Re: That Monaro is probably the unit from HSV the 2002 LS6 CORVETTE has 405 hp standard.

Cobra said:
the latest Corvette ZO6 uses the LS6. It has 287kw, the exact same power and torque ouput as the Mustang Cobra R's output. 287kw does equal 385hp. You're 20hp shy buddy....

The 2002 Z06 Corvette has been upgraded to 405hp....
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top