Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vintage F-100 Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I'll be picking up my newly rebuilt 300-6 engine. I will be replacing the original 240-6 that has about 212000 miles on it.
My '65 F-100 won't know how it act.

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
i would like to hear more about your engine swap. i have a 300 six out of an 82 that i was thinking of rebuilding to put in a 63 f100. ive been told it's an easy swap to do. are you keeping the original trany? i'm also wondering how the cost was to rebuild the 300 six.

·
Vintage F-100 Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
The cost to have the 300-6 professionally rebuilt by a reputable performance shop here in my area is going to be about $1100.00 by the time I pick it up. The engine is getting a complete bore job, new pistons, complete rebuild kit, balanced, head rebuilt with new valves, springs, etc. Completely reassembled except for the intake/exhaust, starter, fuel pump, distributor and water pump.
As far as the the swap of your '82 300-6 in the 63 F100, I don't know about the tranmission hookup. If your truck has the 223-6 engine I don't think the transmission will bolt up to a 300-6. I'm not real possitive about that, I'm just not familar with the 223-6 setup.
Yes, I'm using the original 3 speed transmission but, will be converting over to an automatic one day when I can find a good donor truck.
The 240-6 and a 300-6 is an easy swap because everything is interchangable.

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
$1100. sounds like a good price. i spent $1500 for parts and machine shop labor on my 302 a few years ago. i had a friend who used to rebuild engines work with me to put it back together. i was told my 63 has the 240 six in it. i havent looked under the hood yet. the truck is at my uncles house where i bought it. i have too many projects goin on, and too many cars in my yard to bring home another one. i have to finish my car before i take on anything els or at least thats what i told my wife. she would like to see our car done by this spring so we can take it to cruise nights and other car shows. i'm not sure if it will be done in time. i'm also working on my 82 f100. this winter i'm planning on dropping in a 302 and c6 tranny, and having the truck repainted. ive been putting it off for a while now. i dont want to park the truck.

·
Vintage F-100 Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mark,
If the engine in your 63 f100 is a 240-6 the intake/exhaust manifolds will be on the passenger side, otherwise if it is a 223-6 the intake and exhaust will be on the driverside.

·
Fawkin Fordhead
31 Posts
If it is a 240 or 300 it will have been swapped into your 63, the 240/300 didn't come out until 65. The 240/300 are externally identical, they share the same block, the 240's have smaller combustion chambers tho..... Just curious, but what's in your F100 for an engine/tranny now?
Evan

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
i have the 223 with a three speed in the 63. i have another frame thats been set up for a 302 and a c6 trany. i will be doin a frame off restaration so i may use the frame set up for the 302. i'm trying to decide witch truck to put the 302 in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts