Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am now in the final stages of my build (just the color to chose) I would like to put it to you guys for your opinion on what to do.
It orig colour is Diamond white with a burg int and black vynal roof. I have thought to keep it the orig colour but I have lately seen a colour that I think would realy suit it. Its the new metalic red on the new mazda 3 with copper metal flakes in it I would like just a little bit bigger flakes in it and it would look great but what do you guys think?
Cheers
T

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact colour, but a metallic red or candy apple can work on most cars. How would the contrast with the interior go? And are you keeping the vinyl roof?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is close to the burandy colour of the interior (vynal with some rolles royce material burgandy with a black weave through it) and I would like to keep the vynal roof as I think it breaks up the colour nicely as the ZC's I have seen without the vynal roof dont seem to look as nice(my opinion only as I think all zc's are nice but just like the vynal roof better).

·
Registered
442 Posts
ZCFairlaneguy said:
It is close to the burandy colour of the interior (vynal with some rolles royce material burgandy with a black weave through it) and I would like to keep the vynal roof as I think it breaks up the colour nicely as the ZC's I have seen without the vynal roof dont seem to look as nice(my opinion only as I think all zc's are nice but just like the vynal roof better).
White with the black vinyl roof and stock trim. They best two colours on those cars, white or silver. All the cars I have that have had a colour change are being put back to factory. At the end of the day though its your car. Good luck with it.

Steve

·
Registered
442 Posts
eon said:
W-h-i-t-e
E-x-a-c-t-l-y

If not, down the track it will be tears.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have decided that for orig sake I will keep it the same colour. On the compliance plate the colour code is "R" so that makes it diamond white? as in the arvo sun it seems to go a duckshell blue is that right. As I have seen a few white colours at some pannel beaters and they all swear that their colour is the correct one but they look diffrent is there any way or place that you know of where they mix the correct colors?

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
Just like this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
jg66me said:
White with the black vinyl roof and stock trim. They best two colours on those cars, white or silver. All the cars I have that have had a colour change are being put back to factory. At the end of the day though its your car. Good luck with it.

Steve
i agree with steve and i would steer clear of the red. my 2cents but again if we were all born the same life would be shitass boring.

·
Registered
442 Posts
ZCFairlaneguy said:
Yeah I have decided that for orig sake I will keep it the same colour. On the compliance plate the colour code is "R" so that makes it diamond white? as in the arvo sun it seems to go a duckshell blue is that right. As I have seen a few white colours at some pannel beaters and they all swear that their colour is the correct one but they look diffrent is there any way or place that you know of where they mix the correct colors?
Now you mention it I have noticed some white ZC Fairlanes with that blue "tinge" in certain light. I think you look at this XW you can see it.

http://www.falcongtclub.org/LargeIm...e R or 5 - Diamond White&width=500&height=375

Here is a Polar White car and it is more muddy.

http://www.falcongtclub.org/LargeIm...O - Code E - Polar White&width=500&height=375

Make sure youir comparing apples with apples. This car is Ultra white and it also seems to have a blue tinge.

http://www.falcongtclub.org/LargeIm...O - Code U - Ultra White&width=500&height=334

Its all to do with how the light hits the pigments in the paint. White isnt white so to speak. When we mixed up polar white paint for my old XC van years ago there was a lot of brown tint go in it from memory. My Pine N Lime XC looks GREEN in artifical light.

It looks like its going to be a top car. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Steve

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How can I post some pics onto the net so i can show you some photos of my car as help will be great!
Ratter yeah It looks like that but with all of the chrome bits still crome and that white dosent look the same to me either and with the old reliable 12 slotters to keep it in period and I admit i like'em.
well the hardest part is the chooseing of the paint colour and trusting somebody with it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Confirmed by my mate who has mixed this colour loads of times, it is blue tint in it.

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Diamond white looks amazing when it is done right.Make sure you get the right shade as there were many slightly different ones made by ford over different models.
Are you using original painted 12 slots with the dress rings or are they chrome?
I feel that painting these cars anything but factory colour just cheapens the car and will be reflected by a lower price when you want to sell it IMO.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah the wheels are chrome replicas from ROH with bfg radial ta on them 7" and 8" on the back.
Yeah I realy like the blue tint that comes through in the morning or afternoon light.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got the car back from the panel shop. Diamond white!! looks great dose anyone know how I can get pictures up on this site so I can show you guys?
It looks majic glad I kept with the original colour.
Cheers
Trent

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks bob worth a try? if ya ever see one though?????
Cheers
T
PS I would like to post some pics of the beast dose anyone know how i can here?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts