Ford Forums banner

New Ride

7K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
Well after all the commotion with the old car I've finally upgraded to something very sporty! It's an EF XR8 5spd manual, cobalt blue, fully optioned: body kit, cruise control, 6 disc stacker etc and complete with a sunroof. I had to drive it home from the NSW border and I must say I quite heavily enjoyed the trip home, it just cruises along in 5th gear so nicely. There's a few little things that need attention on it, a window reg is startig to let go, aerial doesnt go up or down, the paint is in pretty fair condition, there's at least one minor scratch on every panel and the power steering pump started making noise on the journey home. But for $11000 you cant complain really.

And now some photos, forgive the quality, they were taken late in the afternoon and that was the best posotion I could get the car in

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on the purchase, gotta luv the 5.0 5 speed combo, makes the car so much fun to drive, my mate picked up one identical to this a couple of months ago. His only had 90K on the clock

Make sure you keep her over 2k in 5th or you'll kill the box real fast, and get a cooler fitted to the power steering and the noise will go away.

Happy motoring

#4 ·
Looks VERY nice, specially that third pedal.

#6 ·
woah, what a change from the old EA :)
very impressive looking machine!

#7 ·
Nice!
Cant comnplain on the price either. Luck person

all these new cars...I really want another ef :)

#13 ·
nice buy ED!

#15 ·
Thanks guys, I can't get enough of driving it at the moment, compared to my old ride this thing pulls like a freight train and drops a pretty phat skid too. I'm gonna hook in soon and do a service on it today and maybe do the pads etc.

As for plans, there are none, I'm just gonna fix up what needs to be fixed up and maybe do a few minor things to it, but I'm not making it into a race car just yet as I'm only on a good behaviour licence and I can see I'm gonna get in trouble just the way it is already!

#17 ·
Nice buy ed! When am i driving it???

Brent

#19 ·
Oooooh that would be hefty!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.