Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 Ranger Edge Extra Cab 2WD 4L Auto, torsion bars on front. Owned it since new, and even though it's only got 130,000 km on it, I thought that it's likely time to replace the shocks. 99% road use, with only occasional heavy loads.

In my initial online research, it sounds like the most recommended and used shocks are ones like the Monroe OE Spectrum (which used to be called Sensa-Trac) or other brands of similar performance level. But I also read that these shocks are actually a heavier duty rating (stiffer) than the factory shocks, and I wan't to avoid a harsher ride, yet when I read about the lighter-duty shocks, they are deemed "cheap" or "junk" and don't last. So is there a quality shock out there that will offer a similar ride as the factory shocks? The price of the factory Shocks from Ford dealership is exorbitant, so not considering those.

·
Super Moderator
7,686 Posts
Unless I'm doing something out of normal, I generally stick with Monroe's. Of course, I also don't have a Ranger, so satisfaction may vary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts