Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new six is any relation to the new V8's?

Doing the old "minus two cylinders"?

Thus from the 4.6 bore/stroke you would get 3.5 and from the 5.4 you would get 4.0L V6. Power output would be simular to the V8's minius the capacity. Scince this has often been done in the past, and I doubt ford is going to blow big dollars in a V6 for a Australian car I think it might be likely for the new 6..

Is there currently a V6 based off the V8's in the USA?

Personally I think they should use a V8 3.9/4.0 block and 24 valve heads, but I think thats dreaming a little too much.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Check out www.corral.net there is a good 4 Ltr v8.See some motors that are designed for Oz too,[3 valve v8] They actually say that!I thought thats what modular was v6-v8-v10 as in truck as in the one in the Mussy at Bathurst,that shyt itself through abuse.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The 3.8L OHV V6 thats used in the Mustang is basically a 5.0L Windsor V8 with 2 cylinder missing....

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
The 3.8L OHV V6 thats used in the Mustang is basically a 5.0L Windsor V8 with 2 cylinder missing....
I thought the V6 was OHC? I thought the 4.6 was a modular engine and the 3.8 v6 was casted from the same block?

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
If I'm correct, those 3.8 V6's have been quite troublesome in the US where (I think) it is used in the Taurus along side the 3.0 V6.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
J-type said:
If I'm correct, those 3.8 V6's have been quite troublesome in the US where (I think) it is used in the Taurus along side the 3.0 V6.
They had head gasket problems with them in FWD cars, but with RWD cars they have been fine apparently (?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts