Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day thrillseekers. i have recently completed a complete change of suspension on an EL Fairmont wagon. I used King springs, lowered, front and rear, and Munroe Sens-a-trac dampers front and rear. At this point, I am quite impressed. the ride quality is still good, and the overall handling has improved. It no longer seems to wander as much, and of course seems a lot less wallowy (?) . It doesn't seem to have the "pitching" that I have experienced in the past with other suspension mods.

Overall I think a good choice of parts. I talked to a lot of people, including Pedders and Mock, and I figured that they were mostly all saying the same thing, only quoting their own prices. I got out of it for $800 odd, and a days work. I also figured that if most of the V8 racers used Kings, they should be reputable.

Anyway, thats the extent of my holidays at the moment. Did I hear somebody say "get a life" or something?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERBODY. Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actualy used just lows, and in actual fact it didn't seem to come down a lot, although there is a definite difference when I compare it with my sons car. It was stuck up in the air like a 4WD in the first place anyway. I expect it will drop a little more over time though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts