Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Expedtion with 55K miles and the tires need replacement. Currently have Goodyear Wranglers P265/70r/17.
I'm looking for a good all around tire with good snow traction as well and minimal off road.

I spoke to a local tire shop who recommended Yokohoma Geo Landers.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Expy Tires ...

I've put the MICHELIN LTX M/S on mine and the ride got a lot smoother than with my GoodYear.

The Yokohama Geolander is also highly recommended by several other people. Their overall performance is better than the GoodYear. But their thread wears out a lot faster than the Michelin LTX, around 25K. They also cost a lot less than the Michelin and they don't handle as well in deep snow. The xtra $20-$30 would be well worth it for the MICHELIN.

·
Expedition Member
72 Posts
Consider getting the Yokohama Geolanders AT+2. Before I replaced my tires I had had the General Grabber AW but then I went out and bought the Yokohama Geolanders. These are the best tires that I have ever had. They have the best overall ability and dont create highway noise. The thread is also very good if you ever go into rough terrain.

----------
-1997 BLACK Expedition XLT-Black,4.6 V8,Billet Grill,Chrome Bumpers,Flowmaster with chrome tip,blackouts,etc.

-1996 BLACK Mustang GT-Bone stock and for sale

·
Navigator Member
7 Posts
I just got BF Goodrich Radial All terain T/A's put on yesterday. I have put about 100 miles on them since and they are just great. Not loud and rough riding like I expected, but quiet and soft riding. They are just liek the original contitracs I had on before, except a MEAN look and much better traction on and off road.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tires

I had Goodyear RT/S on my 98 Expedition & they started slipped badly in wet weather at about 40K. I changed to the Michelin Cross Terrain tire and have been very plesed with the improved handling...much less roll & superb traction in wet weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts