Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I currently own a 96 Nissan Maxima 5 speed, but my first vehicle was a 1988 Mazda 626 Turbo sedan non-4ws. I wasn't into cars at the time, but I knew it was pretty quick. Since the time I had that car, I've become more and more convinced that the factory 145 hp rating was BS. I don't have any doubts about the 190 ft-lb though.

My question is this, what does a stock FE2T dyno at (dynojet preferably). Is it true that even stock, some cars just made more peak boost than others? Anyways, thanks for any replies.

Neal

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I understand you correctly, they dyno'd at 143 and 146 hp at the wheels correct? That would put them at approximately 170 crank hp assuming this was done on a Dynojet dynamometer. Since the manufacturers HP numbers are always crank HP numbers, 146 at the wheels is about what I expected from them. They are just too fast to only have 145 hp at the wheels. Anyone else have any numbers they'd like to share?

·
Probe GT
47 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass but the fe3/t is the J-spec and the f2/t is american. ( you said fe2) just so you know
and from what I've heard 145/190 are the correct numbers

·
NMPOC CoFounder/Moderator
63 Posts
The 1st gen Probes in Japan are rare. And they had F2T engines. The FE3 engine is a 2nd gen engine. I don't think the turbo on FE3 engines is stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts