Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the month of april, climate control will be available on XR sedans. It will be offered as part of the luxury pack, which also consists of leather, outside temp display, auto headlamp off, analogue clock and premuim sound with the colour tft screen. Just what the punters want.

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
Thats great news. Been wondering how long it will take to be an option since holden introduced it.
Whats the retail price for the luxury pack?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Thats what i've been wanting ever since they released Barra.

I found it ridiculous that the only performance orientated Barra (the GT-P) was available with this.

It's about time they introduced this, it gives them such a better look.

Mine will definitely have this when it comes to buying in the next few months.

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pricing is yet to be released but i am sure that it is going to be really popular. There are also 3 new colours in April. Blood Orange will be discontinued and replaced by Mandarin which is a metallic orange with yellow metallic flakes. Looks fantastic. Envi which is a similar green to hothouse, Vibe is a strikeing new metallic purple which is really high in metallic flake and is much darker than phantom. There is also Indiana which is exclusive to territory. Great move by Ford. Some exciting stuff.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
sounds good, just what they need to freshen up the range a little.

Alsmost makes it feel like a series 2 update!

I was hoping to hold out to series 2 in case any decent upgrades happen, but it seems these will do me fine.

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Now THIS makes a XR6T a viable option (well it is now a turbo ghia really)

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
theres some good stuff there to look forward to, cant wait to see these colours

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
gadgetman said:
From the month of april, climate control will be available on XR sedans. It will be offered as part of the luxury pack, which also consists of leather, outside temp display, auto headlamp off, analogue clock and premuim sound with the colour tft screen. Just what the punters want.
Well what do ya know! After all these years Ford is beginning to listen to their buyers again! Lets hope this is just the beginning!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
flappist said:
Now THIS makes a XR6T a viable option (well it is now a turbo ghia really)
Exactly what I was thinking... finally something to bring some Ghia gear into the XR range and about [email protected] time! I'm guessing this is the start of the whole "customization" push that Uncle Geoff was talking about previously?

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
gadgetman said:

Hmmm interesting.. I wonder if this will be dual zone climate control as in the Fairmont/GT-P or if it will be a single zone config.

Probably dual as stocking parts for the single zone would increase part stocking price. Still interesting to hear... there's one excuse for me not to get a GT-P for a next car - just get an XR8 baby :)

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Cool, I heard this might be happening.

Well done Ford.

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Good to hear I've thought a package like this would be a good idea since the release of the BA especially for the XR6 Turbo also I've always thought the ute buyers were getting short changed not being able to get the colour screen hopefully they will be able to pick up climate & other goodies soon too.

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Great news, was on of the issues making me waiver over an XR. Excuses dropping off rapidly!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts