Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums 69boss429.

All I can say is wow you are a lucky person and to be the original owner as well.

Those pic's are great and the car looks fantastic.

I see it has two carby's sitting on top.

·
Old Ford Fan
340 Posts
Wow...a original owner boss429. thats gotta be a last of its kind.

Some purists would frown at the wheels/radiator/tower braces- I'm glad to see them, says you actually drive this gem :)

any interesting stories about it? did you race it way back when? how many miles? are headgaskets as bad a problem as Ive heard on some sites? I'd better quit...just never imagined a one owner boss still existed, let alone in beautifully driveable shape!

thanks for sharing your pics and any info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ford4v429 said:
Wow...a original owner boss429. thats gotta be a last of its kind.

Some purists would frown at the wheels/radiator/tower braces- I'm glad to see them, says you actually drive this gem :)

any interesting stories about it? did you race it way back when? how many miles? are headgaskets as bad a problem as Ive heard on some sites? I'd better quit...just never imagined a one owner boss still existed, let alone in beautifully driveable shape!

thanks for sharing your pics and any info!
Thanks to all! Yes,the Boss got raced,in 69 and 70 there were muscle cars everywhere.What a great time! Thanks to my Dad,God rest his soul,I was able to purchase my dream car with him cosigning the papers.I was 18 at the time so the Boss was a daily driver for almost 2 years,even got in the snow once before I wised up.We raced almost every night in the summer and fortunatly never got caught and no one had any mishaps! I LEARNED MY LESSONS AND DO NOT RECOMMEND STREET RACING OF ANY KIND. But times were different then.The best official 1/4 mi times at the track with borrowed slicks was 12.48 at 116 mph.The way its set up now,11 to 1 comp,solid roller cam,titanium valves,dual 715 Holleys,stainless steel headers, 3in exhaust ,and a 4.11 traction loc would most likely put it in the low 10's if I could get it to hook up! The dyno said 600hp with matching torque.All I can say is its a blast to drive .I had parked it for over 30 years and my son Aaron and I compleatly redid the car inside and out using all of the original parts except for a few 21st century upgrades,4 wheel Baer brakes,17in billet magnums,total control power rack and pinion and a few other goodies.Stock is cool,was cool when I had it new,but this is definatly more fun! Ford should have done it this way! :hy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts