Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching for a while and am needing a NEW (not rebuilt) transmission for my 1999 4.0L 6 cly 4X4 Ranger

I have found one that I have been told will fit my truck but I would like some outside advice.

My part number F87A-7003-FA
Seller's part number 1L54-7003-HB

I have been told that this is a transmission that fits a 01-04 Ranger like mine (except different years). The only difference is the speed sensor.

Quote from seller:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE SPEED SENSOR, ON THE LATE MODELS IT IS LOCATED ON THE ADAPTER HOUSING BETWEEN THE TRANS AND TRANSFER CASE. ON THE EARLIER MODELS IT IS LOCATED ON THE REAR END.

Does anybody have any information on this subject. The seller seems to be very well informed and has a business of selling parts however this is a big purchase and I want to make sure I don't screw up.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update about my previous post.

The new transmission as listed in this post has been installed and I have put over 5,000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever.

I am trying to find a buyer for the core transmission I replaced. It seems to be in good condition and am looking for a good price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts