Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it's time to bring up one of the first items on the agenda now that the EA-ED and EF-EL Club are engaged. Obviously, eafalcon.com and ef-falcon.tk will not be acceptable URLs for the long-term (though eafalcon.com will remain active as a secondary URL due to the number of cars with eafalcon.com stickers!). The question is what should be the EA-EL Club URL.

When this was brought up in our IRC Channel (Austnet, #eafalcon - though this too will change in line with whatever new URL we come up with!), my favourite suggestion was ea-elfalcon.com - this is a logical successor to the previous URLs. I would also purchase eaelfalcon.com in this case to minimise confusion, in the same way that 'fordforum.com' goes directly to 'fordforums'com.

Other options include e-series.com/eseries.com, ea-el.com, etc. My big concern was that drivers of Fairlanes and LTDs might oppose any of these options. But then again, there is a Holden Caprice which (from memory) has a Commodore Club sticker on it, so maybe I am being worried without good reason.

All members, please give me your feedback!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I suggest e-seriesfalcons.com

Sundeep

·
Registered
386 Posts
Personally I'm not tooo worried about what the new website is called, aslong as eafalcon.com still works because of my sticker. I get so many people asking if it's a real website, and it would kinda suck if it didn't exist..

Dave

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will make new stickers, and continue to have eafalcon.com active indefinitely.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
I reckon e-series.com or eseries.com. While I like my eafalcon.com sticker I think we need to stop using the word Falcon in any of our URLs or club names or whatever. It's not just Falcons, it's Fairmonts, Fairlanes and LTDs and XRs and so on. eael.com and all that is a little harder to remember and many may not realise what on earth it is about. E-Series.com does however.

And as for club names, I reckon we should call it E-Series Owners Club or E-Series Ford Owners Club. This would suit everybody without making the higher models wear lower names :)

Alex

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
er, goodz, the fairmonts and fairlanes have a different model name, like NC and NF...i think ea-lfalcon.com or EA-ELfalcon.com...do any LWB car owners have a problem with the e series tag? i think there is no real solution to this dilemma, the best we can do is encompass the most amount of models we can, without maknig the adress as long as your arm ie: EA-EL-NC-NL falcon-fairlane-wagon-xr-seriesclub.com.....

·
E-Series Acting VP
1,432 Posts
My personal favourite is e-series.com or eseries.com, however, i do have one concern with it: e-series are not just made by ford! For example, mazda currently has a sale on 'all e-series vans and utes'!

Also, I can appreciate why some people would not want it to contain any references to 'falcon', since this is not the only model we cover...

So, this leads me to think that maybe we should be incorporating the word 'ford' in there somewhere. This COULD lead to the site being shut down by FoMoCo, but it's unlikely (since FORDforums has been running for so long now without being shut down). So, perhaps something like e-series-fords.com is the best option???

Cheers,
Dave

·
socially irresponsible
1,194 Posts
i agree with not having falcon, due to not everyone specifically having one. the word ford would pretty well sum it up for most. i'm with thanatos e-series-fords.com, or similar.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
I think though that the sticker being on a Ford it wouldn't have anything to do with Mazda vans and utes...

Alex

·
E-Series Acting VP
1,432 Posts
The Goodz said:
I think though that the sticker being on a Ford it wouldn't have anything to do with Mazda vans and utes...

Alex
Yer, it's not a huge deal, but it's still a little bit unclear. With e-series-fords.com there is NO ambiguity (sp?) what-so-ever...

Dave

·
four cylinders, phhht!!!
92 Posts
how about e_series_fords.com or e_series_ford_owners.com i think that is obviously informative enough to anyone who is lookin 4 the site or stumbles across it, and it sounds logical, and isnt to long, well theres my 2 cents.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
I think it is a little long, especially for rear quarter windows where many put their stickers. Maybe we should have like a 2-3 line sticker that says

eseries.com
E-Series Ford
Owners Club

Alex

·
So Play Nice
774 Posts
I like eseries.com, or eseriesford.com

Nice and simple address. Alex's suggestions for putting a bit more on the sticker seems pretty good.

Pete

·
ex ea driver
596 Posts
I don't see the real problem with Falcon being in the name, becaues really it's where it all started, and even if I owned a Faimont i would call it a Falcon, just because thats what it is, you can see plenty of Calais driving around with commyclub.com stickers on them, so what is the big problem? It will also get the message across clearly concerning what it is that we do.

Just my 2c worth :)
Jason

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have a point there CATman. I am aware of at least one Holden Caprice in the Commodore Cruise Club, which made me wonder if a single URL with Falcon in it was all that we need. There is of course the generic FordOwnersClub URL which has been active for some time, but this too is flawed.

The problem I have with anything containing E-Series is that it is not a well known term. Nothing like Ford F-Series or the already mentioned Mazda E-Series. It's an unofficial term that the person on the may not recognise, and strictly speaking is inappropriate for a Fairlane or LTD anyway.

·
96 EF Futura
2,494 Posts
E-Series.com would look the best in sticker form however as most people said....its not really relevant to ALL models in the club...

EA-NCFords.com is pretty cool

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
Im happy with the eseries.com because really, all the people that know a little bit about Fords will know what the E-series is, that and the fact that I wouldnt like to have a Falcon sticker on my car because it isnt a Falcon, its a Fairlane, that and the fact that my car doesnt even look like an EA Falcon, but yeah eseries.com is definately the go I reckon

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to add that regardless of the Fairlanes and LTDs model code having an N or a D, they are still part of the E-series of cars, as opposed to being part of the Falcon class.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
26 Participants
EFXR62
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing