Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
i personally have no probs with it not having any NC or whatever

um i reckon eseries.com will be fine anyone that is an enthousiest wil know that the Fairlanes and LTD's are part of the E series anyways

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
I dont see why you are complaining if the sticker had falcon in it on a fairlane. The sticker isn't there to promote your car, its there to promote the site. If you don't want to promote the site on your car dont have a sticker. Not trying to start an argument or anything here, just stating the fact that the sticker is for promoting the club, not more badging for the car.

I think ea-elfalcon.com is the most suitable, e-series.com doesnt seem like it would grab the attention of someone who has just bought a Falcon and sees the sticker.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
i dont see anyone complaining "coz it dont say fairlane on it" i for 1 want a club sticker !!! JT Wheres me sticker!!!!!!!!!

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
www.straitsix.com (straight belongs to another jazz band or sumthing), or www.straightsix.tk???

The 8 pot blokes this causes a concern to.....but there are far more six cylinder blokes among us than 8

Having said that somthing like www.5litrev8.com or www.302windsor.com would be pretty acceptable

I reckon my idea has some merit, we all basivally run a straight six be it falcon, fairlane LTD whatever.

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
not really complaining if it said it, i just felt that if the clubs name was falcon it might sound like it excludes us thats all. Im all for promotion of the club, so i spose in the end it doesnt exactly matter what its called as long as we come up with a suitable name some how or other

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Guys, if there are no objections, I think we will not bother with a formal vote over this. What I'll do is count up the various responses and base the new URL on the results of this thread!

E-series.com seems most popular so far, and it has grown on me. On Sunday evening I'll close this thread and provide information on the 'winning' URL.

Just to clarify: new stickers with the updated URL will come after it is finalised. Our IRC chat address will change from #eafalcon in line with this, too, and all members of both clubs will be contacted regarding these updates.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I gotta Fairlane. I wanna see it called E.N.D. Fordz. We're all in the name - the Lincoln Types, THe Fairlanes and the Falcon/Fairmonts. So koool. That way I'll be verrry happy.

Seriously, I don't really care. Calling it after the E series is fine - after all, they are the root model.

·
E-Series Club Member
43 Posts
hmmm... All of the suggestions ultimately sum up the club, so I'm for 'whichever' one gets chosen... but, with some of the for/against arguments, my quick suggestion may be to incorporate the word 'ford' with maybe the years the models spanned.. ie: 88-95ford.com, ford88-95.com (with the appropriate years obviously, I can't remember when the e series started/ended.)
One more quick thought: If this is going to be a regged 'club', wouldn't it be more appropriate to slap a .org TLD onto the end of 'the chosen url'?

Just my 2c...

-Dean

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
DeanO, URLs like that are a bit confusing and harder to read and remember. I don't think we have to worry to much about specifics because I reckon the people that want to find out more about these vehicles or is already an enthusiast would know what it means. Your average Joe probably doesn't even take notice of what the other cars are let alone their stickers.

Spinner, I've got an LTD, and even though it's a DA not an EA, it's still an E-Series model.

Alex

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The summary

Below is a summary of the suggestions given in this thread

e-seriesfalcons.com
e-series.com/eseries.com
EA-ELfalcon.com
e-series.com/eseries.com/e-series-fords.com
e-series-fords.com
e_series_fords.com/e_series_ford_owners.com
eseries.com/eseriesford.com
E-Series.com/EA-NCFords.com
E-series.com
eseries.com
ea-elfalcon.com
www.straitsix.com
E-series.com
E-series.com
88-95ford.com

Having gone through them, I think we will all agree that e-series.com is the most popular. Trouble is, both http://www.E-Series.com and http://www.eseries.com/ are unavailable to us.

But perhaps that's not such a bad thing, as this may be an opportunity to Australianise the URL by having e-series.com.au and eseries.com.au (it's preferable to have both so that anyone mis-typing the URL will still get in). These addresses cost more, but also have the advantage of being less generic. Unless there are any objections, I'll purchase those domains on Tuesday, and stickers will be ordered soon after.

Sound ok?

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
really love the e-series.com.au idea, i'm in :D

·
EA Falcon.com Member
90 Posts
I also like the e-series.com.au idea.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts