Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who asked before, Ford have released new brouchures for the Falcon Range.

The new XR Spec Sheet, shows the XR with the body coloured mirrors and the "SR/75th" Style skirts and says they are available from June build.

HOWEVER, the power rating remains unchanged at 200kw!!

WHY? Ford print new brouchures to show the body coloured mirrors and skirts but no mention of the new 220kw??

Geoff? David? Sheila? Can you shed some light on this please?

Thankyou.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Is the new brochure you saw the combined XR-Falcon-Fairmont one? If so, it is the 'new' brochure for the change from Live It to We Have Ignition and has mention of the mirrors. I think there would be an updated one again.

On this issue, call me a pedantic so and so, but I believe XR should have its own brochure. Not a one page summary attached to a generic brochure.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete, these are the latest brochures, we have just ordered them from ford.

Part of the "new" XR upgrade is the Coloured mirrors, skirts and 220KW. I find it strange that they forgot to update the 200kW to 220KW, considering this is the most important part of the upgrade.

The new brouchure combines Falcon, Fairmont and XR into one brouchure comprised mostly of pictures. This is accompanied by a slip-in specs sheet for the appropriate model.

I much prefered the seperate brouchures. They contained A LOT more information than these picture books.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Well that's the brochures I've seen too. With lead times, maybe Ford/Tickford decided on the 220 after the go ahead for brochures (makes my theory about my Motor letter working more feasible :D )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing