Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hope our members in New York and DC are all ok. These cowards that attacked us today is insaine. My god, Don and Tommy I hope you and your familes are safe. The Trade Towers are now gone and the Pentegon was hit as well. I'll pray for all today.....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Can I make a request? Lets not turn this into whats going on over at PT. Im disgusted by some of the posts over there.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i agree joelle.

you guys have no idea how much work i've had to do over there today. so much that i've not been able to do my REGULAR job. :(

if you wish to post your feelings about what happened, by all means do so. let's just not turn this into a flame/holy war/crusade.

thanks.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Thank you guys for your vigelance.

I have made it home. This is a test of faith for all of us. This is not the final word and those that have perpetrated these deaths will not have the final word. That is in the judgement of the almighty.

All I ask is that you take a moment of your time and pray for the family and friends of the victims that have suffered from this horrific day.

John Oliver
LunaticSS
Server Owner

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Damon, Ive noticed how much work youre doing over at PT. I just wish some of the kids over there would quiet their mouths. I am glad the folks here at FF are more mature than that and arent going as nutso. I think I speak for a lot, when I say Thank You. I appreciate the work youre doing.

P

·
0 Posts
Im fine Stacy, thank you for your concern. All my family members are ok as well.
I dont know whats going on on PT but Ill try not to take up too much space in this thread.
It is just devastating what happened. I wasnt in the city at the time but my mom was, and she was stuck there for quiet a few hours. Everything was shut down yesterday throughout the city. I met people that just came from hospitals, some of them telling me they couldnt breath for a period of time from the amount of dust they breathed in earlier. Ive been hearing sirens all day, and by 10 p.m. the streets were empty.
Its just the worst tragedy I have ever experienced in NYC.
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to hear that you and your family are ok. I was getting a little worried since I didn't hear from you yesterday.

P

·
0 Posts
They told us to only use phones for emergency, so I didnt want to occupy the phone line by going online. Until about 1 p.m. my phone wasnt working anyways I couldnt even use my cell phones because everyone was trying to make sure their family and friends were ok, and later at night I went to a party til like 4 a.m.
Its really scary, one of my friends was just telling me his neighbor is missing, he worked there and hasnt called his wife all day yesterday. At night he said he saw 2 cop cars and they took his wife somewhere.
Its a great tragedy, not just the fact that the twin towers are gone, but all the innocent lives that have been lost. It was an act of true evil!

P

·
0 Posts
Ok guys, its real late and I just got home, Im having a hard time sleeping. Just a couple of thoughts...

Obviously this is a national emergency. Its an overwhelming and truly devastating experience that many of us are having a tough time dealing with. I, personally cant even comprehend the level of destruction this handful of people has caused. Im just starting to realize what had happened, its just started to sink in. The governor has ordered 6000 body bags and is expected to order more. Some people are talking about possibly 10,000-20,000 victims. This may only be numbers but all these people were human beings, people's fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, etc.

If only we had respect for life, if only the people that are responsible for this had respect for life. I dont care what color you are, what nationality, or what faith you believe in, #1 you are a human being and you were given a life. Noone has the right to take that away from you only God.

Its a tremendous crime against humanity and that is the main issue. My main concern is the victims of course, however, I would like to mention something that is not completely related to them. I have friends or arabic origin, I have brothers that are just as devastated as I am or you are, and they are experiencing hatred as a result of this attack on America. Let me clear one thing up. Some people believe this horrific attack has been caused by the faith and mentality of muslim people and that is completely false. I am in no way a knowledgable person to talk about Islam - even though Im familiar with the culture and the history through friends and classes I have taken in school -, but even I know that this mentality the terrorists had and we saw on tv in the West Bank as people cheered and celebrated is in fact condemned by all true muslims. My friends could explain this better, but this mentality is just a false explanaition of the rules of the Koram. According to their faith the terrorists will burn in hell for eternity for their terrific sin, instead of being martyrs as they believed they would become. As much as it was very upsetting to watch people celebrate our great tragedy on the streets in the West Bank, at the end its only a handful of misguided and ignorant people that are responsible for this and the rest of the islamic world should not be blamed or punished.
Now my friends mother - shes of arabic origin - was on her way home after a long day where she put in quiete a few hours of overtime at a police precinct to try to help in any way she could, she was in traffick when someone stopped her and cursed her out simply for being muslim. People this is not cool. I beg you all to get a hold of yourself, and even if your upset and angry please think about the consequences of your actions. Most muslims have nothing to do with this very sad and sick mentality that fuels hatred, and all true muslims condemn the actions taken by the terrorists on the ill-fated planes. Just take a minute to think about this.

I have also received an interesting email with the following:

"NOSTRODAMUS WAS QUOTED AS SAYING
" In The City Of God ( NYC...Big Buildings...Looks Like God Built It)
There Will Be A Great Thunder ( The Crash ),Two Big Brothers,(The 2 Towers) Torn Apart By Chaos,While The Fortress Endures(4th Plane Doesn't Make It To The White House And The White House Stands),
The Great Leader Will Succumb(We Will Give In) "
" The Third World War Will Begin When The Big City Is Burning "
                                                     Nostrodamus 1654 "

Im very fearful for the future of our nation, and for the future of the entire world. I didnt mean to "preach" to you all, but I thought I had to get this off my chest.

God bless!

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tommy, you can come here and get anything off your chest. Yes it's rather sad that some Americans are acting the way they are with the Arabics in this country, most are US citizens. I guess it's human nature, it's not an excuse but it is a reason. :(

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
What we need to do now is prove that we are better than that. For the most part, I think people are doing that; but there's always the loser that can't think beyond the next minute.

While not a Muslim myself, my understanding is that it is one of the more tolerant religions & these few people are simply extremists using some misinterpreted passages to excuse and justify their actions.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was driving around today and had the radio on. This woman called and said someone called in a Bomb threat to Stanford Hospital. when will the madness stop? She said they had to evacuate all patients, even the children's hospital.

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
My condolences to ALL Americans.

There are no words that can adequately describe the feelings that the whole world is experiencing over what has happened in America. We are all mourning for you over this dreadful loss. While you bore the brunt of the atrocities – the entire planet has been wounded, and will never be the same again.

While I cannot even imagine what being an American would feel like at this time – I want you all to know how deeply this has touched us here in Australia. Our countries have had close ties for so many years, and this attack on your country feels very personal down here. Our cultures are so similar – and everyone is saying “If it can happen in America…………….”

You have so many resources that our country lacks. If you could not protect against this type of attack, what hope would we have.

I continue to pray for those who have suffered personal loss, as well as to those thousands of brave police, firefighters and volunteer rescuers that are risking their lives even as I type this in an attempt to find your countrymen and bring them back alive to their families and friends.

We are all praying for you.

From the bottom of my heart, I say to you all………..

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Homer, that's one of the most touching comments that I've read on here. I guess GenX and GenY has just grown up . Now I know how my GrandParents felt when Hawaii was attacked in 1941.

While I'm on here I might as well tell you all this. Tomorrow morning I have an appoitment with the US Marine Corp. recruiter. Things may not work out but hopefully I'll be accepted, I pray to God I will be. I'm a old bastard comparied to the ages of these kids, 32. This is something that needs to be done and done now. If not, these attacks will just continue and never end. So many people lost their lives because some people cannot accept the way others want to belive in a God. Jealous of , our rich country and military stature in the world. Sad, anyone can come here and live a peaceful life. I guess this is the price for freedom.

P

·
0 Posts
Ok, finally a good news, about 2 minutes ago it started raining, and it seems like a rather big thunderstorm just hit us. This will hopefully put out the rest of the fires and will rid the city of the smoke.

Wow, Stacy, I have so much respect for you for being among the firsts to try and put your life on the line for your country. I wish you nothing but the best!

I still hope we can avoid going to war. Everyone seems to want to send troops overseas, Howard Stern and a few others went even further, they were talking about dropping a-bombs... Besides him though the other radio stations are great, and the media is doing a great job informing the public of what the rescue workers need from goggles to food and volunteers, etc.

Its weird to be in New York these days. Everyones thinking about the same thing, people in the subway just sit with their heads down, classrooms are quiet, even traffick slowed down a little. People have a lot more love and patience for one another since we found a common enemy. Since Tuesday all our little problems have been wiped out by a much much bigger one, and we learned to appreciate what we have and always had in light of this tragedy. People in New York have never been this unified, its unbelievable. Everyones thinking about ways of helping the rescue workers and the victims families. Im proud to be a New Yorker today.

I found out that the prediction I posted here earlier was fake Thank God!

Claudermilk, yes, you are 100% right, it is in the Koran that muslims are to tolerate other faiths. Im not muslim either but to the best of my knowlegde you are right on the spot.

We have had bomb threats all over the city today, some buildings have been evacuated more than once. Its really uncool, most of the people take this very seriously but theres always a handful of arseholes...

Homer thank you for your support, we really appreciate you guys standing behind us.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Im not one of the youngins on this board, nor an old fart...right in the middle...and I must say this is the first time I can actually remember this level of terrorism happening in my own country. Really hits home. I know a lot of people here in the Bay Area are storming the blood banks. Waits are on the upwards of 3 hours! I remember the Gulf War as the first real war I can actually have solid memories of....but this just hits so close to home. I hope for those who lost their loved ones, that they make it thru with triumph.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
It's really amazing what happens when we get motivated. I've been hearing about 6+ hour waits around here, so SoCal is switching to the Red Cross Disaster fund donations. KLOS ran a drive today at Dodger Stadium & went from one line to six lines in about an hour.

I think we first need to take a step back before striking out and find out *exactly* who we ought to be hitting. Once we've accomplished that--no easy task in itself--them let them have it. Bombs is no answer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts