Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My have this placed in the wrong area please let me know. I have a 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty 5.4 Gas engine 149,000 miles. Never a problem, until now. Driving home yesterday the truck shut down. I was low on oil and headed to the gas station. Never a knock or anything, running 80mph it quit. The check gauge light for the battery stayed on. I added the oil and still nothing. Swapped batteries, checked fuel pump reset, unplugged the fuses for the engine. Turn the switch and it's like a dead battery. I have to move it off the interstate today, but do I go home with it or Dealership??? If it's simple I can do it. Any suggestions on what I can try to "reset" this thing.? Thanks Jeff feel free to email me at [email protected].

·
wasnt me
281 Posts
what does it do when you turn the key? the dash lights on? battery gauge say 12 volts? did it just quietly stall while driving or was there a noise/anything unusual when it died?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn the switch on and all gauges light up including my 4wd gauges. Never a noise at all, just died in a second. Battery light stays on, we swapped batteries and still no luck. I had it towed to the dealer yesterday to hear the outcome., Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts