Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a rought shot of the 67 that is being worked.
I have had this truck for over five years now and see no reason to let her go she is solid per say. she came from Tarboro NC. was sold new to the telephone and telegraph company there.
It has the orignal 240 L-6 with 111K miles on her.
right now all cab supports, hood suppports and floors are being done plus all new mounting frame hardware. the front end was redone a couple of years back the rear now has 4.11 gears boy that changed things up some, yes a six cylinder will break a nine inch rear end, I have the pieces to prove it...hehe
I anit afraid to run her either. next is to get the paint done if we ever deside what color, thinnking blues or purples any ideals. it was orignal Raven black which would drive me crazy to have another black truck.
I have found a 69 year 390 for her though, just might have to do the old switch aroo on her and keep the six,always open to new ideals and with a six you have to be.
anyone have any HI-PO parts for the 240/300 they might want to unload?

Attachments

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
it looks good. dosent look like you have to much body work to do other than paint.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newbie's truck

True there is very little and I mean little body work other then redoing the bed seams and just coming thru the left door jamb she will be pretty much soild and of course the tailgate is about to be history except for the hardware. this truck was completely no option truck except I have the side mount spare tire to the left side. so what do you do with something like that ?you do as you want I don't have any plans to molest the body in anyway except shaved door handles already got the fill neck out of the cab corner, the previous owner used it to tow a boat, Thrashed the overgrown mirrors he used 1/4 bolts drilled right thru the doors to mount them(outskin).
have blue tinted windows which helps keep our friends from stopping me for to dark windows and at night the lights look real nice easy to drive with.
I installed 80 watts sony CD player with four speakers, I still like to hear the engine so not to big on loudness.
We did a custom split exhaust frommuffler back.
I hope to lower her some and add wide baby moons with Ford script caps but this takes time and money and she has another 15 years in to go then I will pull her off road to retire to Gargage Queen no matter what shape then go from there.
The only reason I bought her was due to being a short bed and even the wheel wells are in real good shape not banged and with a flat floor except where leafs springs went up real fast and hard makes for neat dent also.

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Newbies truck

This shot shows the split pipes. notice the rear bumper this guy welded angle iron across the rear added gussets at the frame ends then drill out for hitch and chains. needless to say I think this might stop any thing made from 1980 and newer. I call it a radiator stop. This is my first and only project from start to finish if that ever happens, do you ever get finshed? I have learned a ton of stuff in doing this.
I have found some optional pieces for it so she might end up being a mild mixed up Fast truck, no need to ever tub it either.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jammin

playing around wanted to play bad A** I like to play with the kiddies one reason being a 240 L6 they are the only ones I can paly with so far...hehe you should see some of the looks she gets when they hear a hard second.
had large grilled fogs light rusted up and dulll silver painted grill so what they hey lets go all out with play time.
But do look at the body line it has there kind of does have a bad A looking way about her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts