Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all who may be interested we are looking to meet up at the Foreshore in Newcastle on Sunday. Say 12 pm and we will take it from there. Clean up the beasts and get them out.

Lets show the ford flag...

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Looks like a trip to Newcastle on Sunday. Foreshore as in, inside the harbour? or along the beach beneath the fort?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea, is this a local meetup or tickford car club will know about it??? Well regardless i'm interested.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
i'm definately in.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Wonder if there will be some Sydney or people from other areas of nsw who will be interested.

·
1,151 Posts
damn i'll have to wear my "going out" thongs lol

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
eb_5litre,

Are you in the same street as nipper and xlr8.

·
1,151 Posts
i live at HIGHFIELDS... dont know where them two live.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
EF_Falcon Guy you are thinking of Baz with the XR ute he lives in our street and should be going on Sunday.Also when we have done this in the past a few of the Sydney guys came up.

Wulos, will be meeting in front of tug boats

see you all there.........:nuts:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Sydney guys should use the Putty Road to test the cars out properly on the way up. Damn fine driver's road IMO. Many runs in the HSVs over the years (he, he, he) - one in particular where we had three HSVs doorhandle to doorhandle around a sweeper hairpin :nuts: :eek:

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All takers are welcome...as long as its a Ford.

Come one come all!!!!

I might be sporting a black eye... The wife just found out I have put new Alloys and Tyres on the car.... LOL...

Bugger it took at least a week until she noticed I had put a body kit on.......

Wulos, I am looking forward to meeting up with you.

Nipper...:D :D :D

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Sydney guys should use the Putty Road to test the cars out properly on the way up. Damn fine driver's road IMO. Many runs in the HSVs over the years (he, he, he) - one in particular where we had three HSVs doorhandle to doorhandle around a sweeper hairpin :nuts: :eek:
Yeah, great bit of road ain't it Pete? :D

I've always taken the inland route to Brissy, and Putty Rd is always the first stretch, even if it adds a little time to the trip overall.

I've suggested a Putty Rd, BBQ @ Singleton, then home via Newy then Old Pacific Hwy trip for the XR club.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Venom the club has done that run twice......the last one was not that long a go

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ah, but still a favourite for many of us ;) Damn, I can't wait to get back down and into the action again!!!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Ahh, ok - I checked the diary/history on the website and didn't see any mention of Putty Rd, though Terrigal got a few mentions so I wasn't sure the club had done such a run.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Putty Road. What a fine piece of road. Picture this:
'HSV club, early sundy morning. Le Mans style start with first to Singleton wins. My VP Clubbie with brakes so hot and tyres working so hard that at Singleton we pull over and wait for the masses to see my white car is black down the sides and the tyre tread blocks have melted and balled up on the edges. Pete wins after that pass on the outside of two other cars on the hairpin :crazy: ! Those were the days :eek: :nuts:

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
For those heading up from Sydney, I will be at the Twin Caltex's just north of Wyong on the F3 at 11am. If people need directions

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If anyone wants I can arrange a spot to watch the V8supercars as well. I'm keen to see Ford kick some Holden butt..

Nipper.........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts