Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After being a regular visitor to the site I thought it about time I joined in. It's great seeing that there are so many passionate Ford people out there - my wife thought it was just me that was nuts!

Looking at upgrading from my AU II XR8 to the BA XR8 - so many positive/negative views posted in various threads about the BA that scare me from departing with so much money again but hey they tell me you only live once.

Forgive the boring message/signature - computer skills aren't that great just yet.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Your wife will think you are getting nutter now after you spend all your time here,have fun,and your right you only live once, enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome to the site, I warn you though it is a drug you will soon find yourself here 2-3 times a day, also sneaking in a quickie visit now and then at work or before bed or whatnot. May your journy here be sweet compelling and full of goodie to share with us and us to you...

6pAc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

Off today to search for a good deal on a BA. My first decision will be whether to pick up a deal on a 2003 plated car in the yard or order something with a 2004 plate - must be in Phantom. There are Pros and Cons with both options.

Organised first to look at a 2003 demo vehicle with 3000km on the clock with leather, premium sound, sunroof and reverse sensors. After that I'll do some ringing around to see which dealers here in Sydney have Phantom XR8's in stock with premium sound as a minimum.

Anyone with any thoughts on what I should be looking out for?

·
FORD FREAK
257 Posts
Welcome aboard mate.
Sorry mate I haven't got any tips for you but when you end up buying one, let me know what you found out. I am looking at upgrading to a BA XR8 sedan at the end of this year and if you find any decent info out, it might help me aswell.
Nice choice to upgrade to BA aswell.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I done it - just bought the Sales Managers Drive Car.

Phantom BA XR8 with 3200 km on the clock. Includes Leather Seats, Premium Sound, Sports Steering Wheel, 5 x 18in alloys, Tint, Reverse Sensors, Sunroof, Mats, Scuffs, Weathershields, Colour coded grill and mesh front, Mudsplats and Boot Guard. One nice car.

Pick it up Thursday afternoon I hope - and cannot wait!

The only things I found out was no dealer wants to own up to when the Series 2 is coming out, and you can pick up deals on 2003 plated cars at the moment. To me this would most likely mean the Series 2 is close but I could not leave this one in the lot - it's got all the bells and whistles that I could ever of have imagined ever owing.

Bring on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Sounds VERY NICE! - Bu crikey she's got a few options too!

Have fun!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
That's almost a fully oppt, XR8 there mate,I wouldn't have let that one go either, good find, with only that many klm's, she's almost brand spanking new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts