Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal you guys. Ford was planning on making a new generation of the Bronco on the Excursion platform. It has a solid front axle, removable top like the last one, same engines as the Excursion, bla bla bla. Some people at

ford-trucks.com/dcforums/bigbronco/500.html

(I think thats the right URL) are trying to get them to bring it back. Seems that FoMoCo was testing it, they already have some prototypes possibly, and they conducted a market survey and decided that people don't want it, and instead want Expeditions and Exploders. Now if you are like me and can't believe that want to listen to a bunch of soccer moms and yuppies to determine whether or not they build a truck for US.. you will go and make a big deal of writing letters and posting to this forum, or the other one at the link above. We need as many letters as possible to change Ford's mind! This is not a joke- its fo' real!

Later everyone,
Matt

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
broncos

Sorry about the wrong address - Here is the correct URL to the forum:

http://ford-trucks.com/dcforum/bigbronco/500.html

There is a guy on there who will send any positive comments about bringing back the Bronco directly to Ford. He has inside connections, and has already sent over 350 letters. There are also some computer-altered photos of an Excursion that show what the new Bronco may look like. Of course, you can also post to this forum as well. If enough people ask Ford to do this, it can easily happen. This is a very big deal.
Thanks Everybody! Lets get Ford to bring back the Bronco!

Later,

Matt

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blah

Hey lets get some action on these forums yo! Thats what this site is for, right!? :) This new bronco coming up seems promising.
:wink2:

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new bronco pic

I made this on my computer, from an Excursion photo I found on the 'net.
It looks way more realistic in large size- has better resolution. I had to shrink it to get it to fit.
Please post here or to any of the other forums with comments guys. If the bronco is brought back it may look like this. Tell me if you like it! Changes?

P.S. you can e-mail me if you want a bigger size of this picture. - [email protected]

Later,

Attachments

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Given how important the US market is for landrover, how do you figure landrovers product range may impact on the US SUV Ford program like bronco and the like

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm....

Well, I don't really know. The only Land Rover model that sells pretty well here is the Discovery, and I probably see a lot of them only because I live 10 miles away from the biggest dealer in the country I guess.

I don't think Ford would kill the Bronco off because of the Land Rover, but I do think they may bring the Defender back to the U.S., rather than develop a whole new "Wrangler fighter." That would be the logical thing to do.

The Bronco would be more powerful, larger, cheaper, and more likely to be used off road than any vehicle produced by LR, except maybe the upcoming small SUV.

The Bronco would still be larger, cheaper, and more powerful though, even in that situation.

I hardly ever see a Defender with a speck of mud on it here, and never a Discovery or Range Rover at all! I'm sure that all of the vehicles produced by LR are adroit off-road, but they almost never get used that way.
(The Defender is a CLASSIC OFF-ROADER in my opinion , and should be used that way, instead of being driven around Boston by preppies, dot com yuppies, and cell-phone-using soccer moms as an "around town vehicle." It pisses me off when I see that. :mad: )

People who buy broncos need to tow boats, campers, and even race-car trailers on occasion, so a LR wouldn't appeal to them because of its lack of high towing capacity.
When you get down to it, both Land Rovers and Broncos are fine vehicles.

That's just my $ .02 though.

Later,

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Suspect price might play apart as well. The third generation Range Rover is due out late this year and is said to offer a new suspension that will break new ground as the original did back in the late 60s. BMW were contracted to finish the car. The Discovery and Defender are both slated to be increasing in size. I find it interesting that the Landrover car is not used much off road in the US. In the uk thats all they do even Range Rovers. Not up with US ford SUVs but the models that might conflict the most would be the Linchin model and may be the explorer. Paying as much as Ford did for the debt riddled brand I bet something will have to change and the secret is the US market but surely not at the expense of Fords own products. The Freelander now that it has the V6 and the new defender are both heading to the US at some stage. Ford must be close to the biggest seller of SUVs in the world now?

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
specs

Well that's the weird thing. There were rumors that Ford was once again going to produce the Bronco. (You must have seen older Broncos before, as more than a few have found their way to Australia.)
The new Bronco was supposed to be a shortened, two-door version of a super large SUV called the Excursion, which you may or may not have heard of.

The new Bronco would most likely look like that pic I made, a morphed Excursion.

Then, the company reportedly put the project on hiatus. A moderately sized movement has been created to send letters of support for the new truck to Ford.

The new Bronco might have:

Solid axles 3/4 ton

Removable rear half top

5.4 liter V8, or a 7.3 liter diesel, maybe even the 6.8 liter V10

"dutch" style rear doors or a traditional tailgate

seating for 5 or 6 people??

It also may retain a lot of carryover parts from the excursion to save production costs.

Yes, it is very ironic and strange that not many people use their LR's off-road. Defenders are even selling for upwards of 50,000 dollars American here, since they are no longer imported. That's for a Defender 90, not a 110!

Totally insane.

The Freelander may be more likely to be used in the rough due to its lower price however. It should become more interesting when those new Range Rovers come out, with BMW engineering and all.

Later,

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah next door had a 1980 something 351 great car. Put big wheels on em look real good. Always thought they were a bit big for serious off road work, well the one's in the club always seemed to have trouble:(
Thanks for the specs, I didn't know that they had stopped making the Bronco. Why was that decision made?

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They stopped making them in 1996. Its successor was the Expedition, a four door SUV based on the F-150 truck. It's not bad, just not as well suited to be a personal off-roader like the Bronco was.

I guess Ford thought that the Bronco wasn't as desirable. But, people scrambled to get the last of the '96 Broncos when it was discovered that the model was going to be discontinued.

Wow, your neighbor had one? I didn't think that there were so many down there that people would be like "oh yeah the guy next door has one of those bad boys," LOL. "The ones in the club always seemed to have trouble" is no new news to me. Most Broncos had problems, but if you kept on top of them, it didn't matter. Mine has 230,000 miles on it! Was it hell to get parts in Australia?
Since you have to have RHD down there, what did the dashboard look like?

Later,

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
yes there are heaps of them down here. Don't know the exact number. I will see if I can find an old picture of the dash for you.
Actually the ones in the club ran very well with few mechanical problems at all. Bit thirsty but you expect that. The main problem off road was their size in that they couldn't go into the same places as the rest of us. They were heaps better on sand with those huge wheels everyone liked to fit to em! Once you deflated those suckers they had a huge foot print:D

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool

Wow! Were they imported privately, or did Ford actually ship them there? I never knew that. I'd like to see that pic! Thanks man!

Later,:cool:

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
uh oh

It looks like Ford wants to name the next Explorer 2 door "Bronco," and doesn't want to apply the name to the vehicle they are producing that we all wanted, which SHOULD be called the Bronco. Start posting! It would be an injustice to call a tiny SUV "BRONCO" The Bronco never was an SUV it was a truck! It should stay that way.

Later,

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
Re: new bronco pic

bigbronco85 said:
I made this on my computer, from an Excursion photo I found on the 'net.
It looks way more realistic in large size- has better resolution. I had to shrink it to get it to fit.
Please post here or to any of the other forums with comments guys. If the bronco is brought back it may look like this. Tell me if you like it! Changes?

P.S. you can e-mail me if you want a bigger size of this picture. - [email protected]

Later,

The Bronco would be cool ! Fords real SUV.

Plus it's just a better name . "Bronco" sounds cool and tough.

"excursion" "expidition" :WH:

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool

Hey i'm glad you feel the same as I do, and i'm also glad everyone seems to like my pic! You all must check out that fordtrucks.com forum, at the link up the top of this thread- theres a dude on there who is like a Ford insider or something, knows a lotta stuff about the secret work theyre doing.

Later,
Matt

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im back

hey all I was gone for like 2 weeks before I was able to find another computer I can use with the Internet on it, heheh. Any news?

Matt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts