Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ex Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some of the worst performing shock absorbers in history on my nf, yesterday i changed them all over for new ones, i decided to keep the sls. somebody mentioned to me that buying the air shocks would work out more expencive than buying regular ones and springs together. He was right! i put lowered springs and new shocks in my EF for less than what it cost for just the shocks in the NF. but its like driving a new car now, amaising difference.

and you really need decent spring compressors for those front springs, 1 of mine came detached and flew 20 meters away, luckily it didnt hit me in the head!

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
:s3 ha! told ya

whilst the sls can be an outright pain when its not working, it can also be handy if your towing a trailer or wanna put lots of slabs in the boot!:s3

Were the shocks leaking?

·
Ex Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the shocks were leaking, the'd of been covered by my "premium care warranty" other than the shocks, im very happy with it, ive allready claimed about $4g worth of parts only a whinger like me would of faulted,..

the shocks were so sloppy i could pull them up and down with practily bugger all resistance.

when you fit the new shocks, the airline is narrower, so you need the optional adapter kit, only $30, and it works fantasticly. ill probly never tow anything, but atleast i know i can put some seriously fat people in the back seat (most of my family)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts