Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes...despite all warnings, i copped a speed camera fine on the way to Heathcote. i was driving a very fast speed of '84' in a '80' zone. just another point to add to a long list.
I got this in the mail today....so if anyone else thought maybe they were going 3-4k too fast, you might get one also.

BUT 4KPH WOULD HAVE MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE!! COULD'VE NEARLY HURT SOMEONE!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Where was it Hamo? Was it on the way out of Melbourne where that Maroon car was parked?

Sorry to hear it, 4km over is bloody annoying.

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was at 9:00am on the way out of melbourne, i think he was parked in the middle of the road.

well...my girlfriend is gonna take the points for me...i can't afford to lose anymore,
i did read a few things about contesting these fines, just don't think i have the time to put into something like that. it would be a good message though cos i am sick and tired or 'their' rules and regulations.

·
Road Warrior
489 Posts
Kooky & I in the lead car tried to contact steve so he could get a message across about that speed camera but we couldn't get him on the phone.
Sorry about that.

We did slow down going past it though, so you must have been in the back group catching up.

Also, think about getting the pic as it might just show the long trail of cars.

Cheers

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Hamo said:
it was at 9:00am on the way out of melbourne, i think he was parked in the middle of the road.

well...my girlfriend is gonna take the points for me...i can't afford to lose anymore,
i did read a few things about contesting these fines, just don't think i have the time to put into something like that. it would be a good message though cos i am sick and tired or 'their' rules and regulations.
thats nice of her...I hope you are paying her back somehow.

Yeah 4 k's is a joke...Just wait fellas..bracksy will go down and hopefully the libs will set things straight again!

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maximus said:
Kooky & I in the lead car tried to contact steve so he could get a message across about that speed camera but we couldn't get him on the phone.
Yeah i did get warning over the handheld radio i had with me, so i was expecting a camera....it's my fault i don't have a cop dash with 2k increments on it!

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
haha well i was behind casper so ill wait for mine too then. If the bastards did get me im contesting. Im sick of this shit. Plus i dont have the money to pay for it so stuff em.

·
Registered
695 Posts
fckn dats bllsht. I think a few of us are going to cop it. 10k over i can understand... 4k over? FCK! That's less than 10% in a 60 zone.....what happened to margin of error? I don't want to go home now.... just incase there is a present waiting for me.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
ah shit that could mean i will get one....i can't...i don't want another one....sorry to hear all the guys who got one

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
guess what came in the snail mail for me $125 fine for 89 in 80 zone. was at 9.10 so would have been just after we left from ford hq. i remember seeing a ute parked between the hume in the bushes. f$cken cameras!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes I saw it as well, I will definitely be getting one. It was in the middle of the road just after leaving ford HQ. I thought it was a 4wd of some sort, it even had a surfboard on the roof racks. I remember saying to my brother that was a speed camera and he laughed it off because of the surfboard.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
I'm at work at the moment and I'm calling home right now to see if there's anything for me in the mail.

Doesn't look like it unless it's a bit late. that camera would have caught a heap of people that day!

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
it was a hyundai brown 4x4 - and was facing oncoming traffic.

Nothing in my mail today! god I hope all is well

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
qwikcorty said:
yeah was a triton twin cab or similar? looked like a work ute to me!
A work ute with a camera on the front facing opposite the flow of traffic!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
As some of you know Hamo is my brother. Now our cars are registered to my address, he got a fine today now I was with him all way up the Hume hwy we used our cb radio's when were traveling past this speed camera car. but I didn’t get no fine today. they would be all processed together wouldn't they ??? gee I live not far from there I thought it was a 90km zone…

1 - 20 of 34 Posts