Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
That's the hot rumour sweeping the place at the moment. I personally don't think they should do a coupe. There may be a market for a V8 2 door in the states, but I just reckon that 4 doors are the way to go...

**hint hint.... drop the motor into a T-Series**

T

·
0 Posts
speaking of coupes.
here's something to rattle your brains.
approx in the late 80's early 90's a father and his 2 son's from Queensland made a drag car out of a EB-ED Falcon I think it was. The entire engine bay was covered in polished aluminium, and louvered so you could'nt see the engine. the car was made on there farm in a dirty shed surrounded by tractors and junk etc. this car went to the nats, and actually won a place. The car was also displayed in street machine, which is now called the holden mag. the car was painted that dark ford blue colour, with black tinted windows, lowered and tubbed. I can picture the guy in the magazine but cant remember his name, (no broomy dont say it) I have heard a rumour today about something, that I will explain later, not sure if it has something to do with these guys or not.

can anyone remember this car or the builders.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I agree Ford Man we need this in 4 doors. The running gear is too good to throw away so i think Millard should go, AEC should stay and Tickford should be brought in.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DR XR said:
The running gear is too good to throw away so i think Millard should go, AEC should stay and Tickford should be brought in.
Now thats a top idea. Why does Ford need Millard when they have their own design team headed by Simon Butterworth who was head designer on the X-Type Jag??... :confused:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
What about the secret coupe like thing that spyman was on about .Maybe that is something different hence the killing of the Millard.Wadda ya reckon.
I think you might be right mate;)

AEC/MILLARD went to Ford for approval of this, this is why it still may not get the go ahead, which doesn't bother me, Ford/Tickford can do better in the styling department. AEC should help out where they can and also Herrod.

I think we'll see the 300+ get canned by Ford, but still produced and sold by AEC/MILLARD. Just no selling of the car through ford dealers an no Ford warranty, thats what I'd like to see happen anyhow.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
This project was never really about a coupe as such more to do with getting Fords approval for an engine supply contract while using a coupe concept. The car news article does explain things a little better and the good guys at LS1 only have quoted a small protion of what has been said. I suggest if you are interested, in getting hold of a copy and reading for yourselves. It does quote Geoff and also says Ford will help if they can with production line changes if possible and that a new car could be ready for the SMS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing