Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said the other day the auto in my EA2 Ghia has died, sure makes the high speed driving hard work!!;)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Please tell us your back seat passenger took this photo....:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic

Nope, the little diggi cam just straps to the top of the wheel and takes pics every 4 seconds by itself, It was done on a private sealed airstrip thats as smooth as a babies bum NOT ON A PUBLIC ROAD.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the Spirit

I decided to delete the image as I think people might see it as immature and dangerous, I can assure you all this was not the case and the surrounds and vehicle were very safe.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Put it back up - we're into immaturity here!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's Back

Just for Petes benefit.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Re: Pic

BOF 351 said:
Nope, the little diggi cam just straps to the top of the wheel and takes pics every 4 seconds by itself, It was done on a private sealed airstrip thats as smooth as a babies bum NOT ON A PUBLIC ROAD.
That's OK then, sorry to rain on your parade.;)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Whats you talking about boy... you got at least another 50kmph you can whack on that speed.

BTW, posting something like that is always pruedent to confirm that it was done on a private environement.. ie Air Strip in a club event

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only 3 gears laminges

Laminges, I have had it to 218km/h (on the trip computer) down a small hill when I had 4 gears but sadly now I only have 3:( I don't want to go much faster than that as it's getting too close to the danger zone, and with 218km, I think I am living on borrowed time. How about a pic of your car doing some serious speed? The quickest I have seen is 202.:eek:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Re: only 3 gears laminges

BOF 351 said:
Laminges, I have had it to 218km/h (on the trip computer) down a small hill when I had 4 gears but sadly now I only have 3:( I don't want to go much faster than that as it's getting too close to the danger zone, and with 218km, I think I am living on borrowed time. How about a pic of your car doing some serious speed? The quickest I have seen is 202.:eek:
Actually, everytime I have hit 240 plus I have been driving alone, must have to organise a club event at avalaon airstrip so i can hit 250+

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look forward to seeing the pics. Have you got a two piece tailshaft? If not, is it totally standard???

·
gone
10,402 Posts
BOF 351 said:
Look forward to seeing the pics. Have you got a two piece taleshaft? If not is it standard???
Had the tailshaft replaced with new 6 speed, but must admit at 240kph the car drove like a dream

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
two piece?

So is it a two piece or just a very well balanced 1 piece? I was going to say, 250km+ with the factory shaft would be like having Ralf Harris's wobble board connecting the box to the diff:D

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I.R.S possibly much better.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Damn, if only my EF wasn't speed limited and had a two piece tail shaft fitted i'll be seeing 200km/h in 4th and around 215km/h+ in 5th without a problem, at 180km/h she ain't complaining and really asking for more.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EF Guy

EF, you have got one of the GOOD EF's (I have driven good and bad, rockets and slugs) yours is nothing short of my mates EF XR6 (5 sp) and his isnt limited and can do 220km/h on the speedo, I would look into getting your tailshaft balanced (like an XR) and getting that damn limiter removed as your warrany must be stuffed by now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts