Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No air comes from my vents. Defrost and floor settings are fine. I read below about someone with the same problem. I ducked down under the dash and can see where the rod is attatched to a broken piece of plastic...which means it's attached to nothing. I'm not seeing the door or whatever that it attached to. I'd like to prop it open as others suggested, just can't see what to prop. I'm not in as good a shape as I was 20 years ago, and I can't see as well either. Can someone describe what I'm looking for? If I removed the instrument cluster would I have better site of and access to it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stuck a cut off clothes hanger down the center vent next to the driver side to open the flap up. Then cut the hanger made a loop in it where it will not fall through ,now all you have to do is remove to stop air out dash vents or put it in for air out vents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 88fan! Just tried it and that does the trick. I was afraid it was going to be a long hot summer but you saved the day for me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far it's working fine for me this way. It was a good 'cheep trick' to make it usable. I'm sure the car isn't worth the $$$$ to fix this problem any other way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts