Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum, I'll appreciate your help. I rebuilt my engine, I did it slowly so I took 1 year and a half to finally starting the car. The car starts, has compression, injector pulse and spark on both banks, but only the bank 1 gets its exhaust manifold hot while the other side not. That means something is not ok. I removed the rail and blew air on the side where the fuel enters, it flows well in every fuel injector hole on bank one, but not on bank 2, no air flow whatsoever on any hole. What should I do? Use compressed air on the little hoses that connect both rails? Buy new rubber hoses to replace the old plastic ones? What am I missing here? I'm really desperate!

·
Super Moderator
8,296 Posts
To my understanding, the plastic can take a higher pressure than the rubber. Pulling the rail and spraying carb cleaner backwards may help. If you plan on replacing the soft parts, letting the whole rail soak in lacquer thinner may do the trick. Be aware lacquer thinner may very well break down the plastic and any o-rings, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To my understanding, the plastic can take a higher pressure than the rubber. Pulling the rail and spraying carb cleaner backwards may help. If you plan on replacing the soft parts, letting the whole rail soak in lacquer thinner may do the trick. Be aware lacquer thinner may very well break down the plastic and any o-rings, etc.
Is that the only way? Damn, I hate when these things happen, but it seems strange that it clogged. Wouldn't gasoline unclog it automatically? Thanks for the answer

·
Super Moderator
8,296 Posts
It might, but what ever's in the rail would end up in the injectors. Past there is the valves and cylinders. I seriously doubt that anything getting past the injectors would damage the valves and cylinders, but it's burn off would probably cause carbonization on everything in the cylinder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might, but what ever's in the rail would end up in the injectors. Past there is the valves and cylinders. I seriously doubt that anything getting past the injectors would damage the valves and cylinders, but it's burn off would probably cause carbonization on everything in the cylinder.
Ok I'll try next week and I'll inform how it goes. Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I decided to cut the plastic hoses, the rail was clogged on each side where the line connects, I bought gasoline rubber hose, replaced the old plastic ones and problem solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts