Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem #1: A/C blower switch/panel was not working properly. Ripped one from the junkyard out of a Crown Vic, and it it works great!

Problem #2: On my way home from work at night, the entire panel is pitch black lol. No lights at all, but still the entire panel work just fine.

Problem #3: So I pulled the panel again to find out what on earth it could be, and I discovered two bulbs that’s “ground” attached behind the ac panel. I replaced both bulbs, and still no lighting. I used 194 bulbs, (was told it was originally 168 bulbs) but to me those bulbs are identically the exact same. And I checked the #10 fuse for the panel switch, and didn’t see any errors there either. What else could it be? This is quite frustrating. I’d hate to think the ac panel I pulled from the Crown Vic is bad, but I don’t see how that could be possible when the switches work just fine. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,596 Posts
Do you have power going to the pin that supplies the lights. What's the year on the Vic?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have power going to the pin that supplies the lights. What's the year on the Vic?
Not really sure. There’s two bulb connectors, they don’t connect by wire. Instead, Under the bulb connector is a thin metal ground that your susposed to screw onto another Small metal ground on the back of the panel. It’s like a tiny ground connection. And it’s actually a 2007 grand marquis.

·
Super Moderator
8,596 Posts
One side has to go to hot and the other to ground. My cab is from a 73 pickup, when I first got it, I had to clean the connections behind the dash, same bulbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts