Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....finally got the video camera off my sis and took some footage of my EF super car that eats commodores for breaky ....Hope you like it........

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/firefox7/mc.wmv

P.SSSSS

Please don't recreate this on a public street....this was done on a private road with permission....Don't forget this is an auto...with the standard torque converter of 1780 rpm...should have a 2500 rpm stall in it so it should be quicker.........I know it's older but it's one hell of a 5 litre...

·
Registered
24 Posts
mate
well done,not only does the car sound awesome,but great job on the video
i am waiting for a small helmet camera,i will use on my road bike,and mount on the front of my pursuit

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Whoa! I'm impressed. Excellent clip and one very nice car.

The sound, just perfect!

Now I have to go get another V8, I miss mine :fraz:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some guys on the forum requested a video of it a while ago so i compiled some photo's and video to make it a good clip, with some fast n furious music to give it some depth.

Glad you guys like it.

·
Horse-Power Hungry
215 Posts
Just awesome!!! Sounds like a sweet beast - great work :wnc:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford Grunt said:
That was bloody awesome. Top footage. :wnc:

Could I ask what speed you got upto?

when the stone deflectors on the car bra start flapping I know straight away that i'm doing around 200 kph.....usually on that road I hit 220 then stand on the brakes....and i mean stand.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Yeh id be careful with that clip, as its not on a private road - looks pretty public to me.

Neways nice car!

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XTS220 said:
Yeh id be careful with that clip, as its not on a private road - looks pretty public to me.

It's private...otherwise I would have taken it to the airstrip. Would you like me too take a photo of the sign to prove it.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Hell yeah! Thats the way, 5.0 windsors have so much potential if you got the cash! How much power is that putting out? I think I remember an old thread of yours that you started when you bought the thing! Makes a Gen3 look soft.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
firefox7 said:
It's private...otherwise I would have taken it to the airstrip. Would you like me too take a photo of the sign to prove it.
heh, I'll admit that I thought it looked public too (driveways, telegraph poles, giveway signs etc). But if your sure, its all cool, we just don't want you to get hung for giving us a show :)

I must of missed any threads on specs and work etc, so if your happy to tell us what you've done . . . can you . . . pleease :)

Wish my car did that :p

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
XR8 Lamah said:
heh, I'll admit that I thought it looked public too (driveways, telegraph poles, giveway signs etc). But if your sure, its all cool, we just don't want you to get hung for giving us a show :)

I must of missed any threads on specs and work etc, so if your happy to tell us what you've done . . . can you . . . pleease :)

Wish my car did that :p

It's a private road....

I understand what your saying......the road is on a Private property right at the back of a Vineyard and the road originaly was dirt. My uncle tared it because everytime it rained the road was unacesible other than the tractor or 4wd. As you go along the road my uncle's family's houses are on the right. When you get to the giveway signs if you turn left that leads up to the huge machine shed..if you go straight that takes you to the refinery & if you turn right the road leads up and out to the main road and all the vineyards which is about 2 or 3 km's. The giveway signs are their because the tractors with the carts constantly run between the machine shed , the refinery and up the out road which runs down the guts of the vineyards.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
So tell us a bit more about the power house of your machine,I'd like my 5L to be able to do that.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
galaxy xr8 said:
So tell us a bit more about the power house of your machine,I'd like my 5L to be able to do that.

Unless you are prepared to spend 20+k on the engine.....forget it.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hopefully this will silence my critics....finally.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
firefox7 said:
Please don't recreate this on a public street....this was done on a private road with permission....
You don't happen to work as a used car salesman do you ? :nerner:

Good clip though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts