Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently got a hold of a Ford Falcon Futura Classic (1994 I believe). I recently fitted a new pioneer stereo in, replacing the old casetted player one. I followed the wiring guides available and the stereo turns on, but no sound comes out? I know it's not the speakers they were fine before I replaced it. I have read about there being an amplifier trigger wire I have to connect, but the only leftover wire is the brown one which I believe is for interior backlighting of the stereo? Please help

·
Super Moderator
8,089 Posts
If it's like the American counter parts, the brown wire is for exterior lamps. The yellow/black powers both the radio and the amp, the red is the ground for both. Once again, that's the American version, tread lightly.

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
On American aftermarket radios the amplifier trigger wire is blue. Also can be used for a power antenna. Some even have two blue wires. The Red & Yellow are usually the Accessory & Battery wires with the brown wire being the dimmer for the stereo lights via the light switch. Black for ground.

What is the model number of your Pioneer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts