Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EL XR6 - w00t
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a noisy water pump (we think its a bearing).. I have no problems with getting it fixed but I have no money this week BUT I have to pick up my girlfriend from her O/S holidays at Sydney airport (I live in Newcastle) on Thursday. So I'm worried it won't make the freeway run to Sydney and back.

The pump is just noisy, temperature is good (After I changed the radiator.. thanks for the casting sand Ford!!!).. so the water flow must be ok?

Has anyone had a noisy pump and how long did it last? This one isn't leaking water and its been going for about a month (I haven't driven the car in a few weeks).

If I have to borrow some money off mates I will, but any forsight would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have had a noisy water pump.
if i was u i would not drive far.
you have thermos right?
because if you dont and the pump has movment the fan starts to crack and that is not good because if i goes (exploads)say bye to your radiator.

·
EL XR6 - w00t
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, points taken. I'll try and book it in for an emergency repair.

Thanks for the opinions.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
not to mention the fact that lovely bits of bearings could be breaking up and going into your engine and new radiator. Unlikely but I wouldnt risk it.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
I had an ea with a noisey pump. The thing actually snapped in half. Shaft pully and impeller in one bit and the casing attached to the block in the other. Not good. Only happened after I tromped it passing another car. $200 and it was all good.

·
EL XR6 - w00t
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some nice horror stories! I've called in a favour and I'm getting a mechanic friend to fix it for me. Hopefully it won't be too hard and won't take very long. I just need to find some goo for the gaskets and bolts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts