Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Nolathane has a vehicle enhancement kit out which includes a swag of stuff ( waiting on details & pricing) I have Pedders springs + struts all round ( Approx the same ride height as superlows) with 225/60/R15

Has anybody used one of these in an ef/el before and what were the results as far as body roll cornering stiffness goes etc. Im assuming they will be approx $200-300 (Yaaaay you get a bonus shirt for your hard earned cash)

Thanks

Ash

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think ill pass there $650

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Just grab the bushes which chew out quickly and make the most improvement.
Start with both sway bars, rear upper and lower control arm bushes, and front upper control arm bushes. The rest aren't too bad and won't make a huge differene anyway.

Just a warning about changing the rear control arm bushes, although it does almost eliminate axle tramp and keeps the rear end in check, it does also cause some harshness from the bum end.

Rick.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
The enhancement boxes are good stuff (i got one for $430)

Contains ALL bushes except for steering rack ones. Tightened up my car considerably. It also contains the shimmed Camber/Caster kit and rear trailing arm bushes.

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
Horses for courses with this stuff, the great urethane debate !
Excellent in some areas and woeful in others.
If you like to get used to feeling hearing every bump on the road its great, having your rear end kick out round a corner after you hit a pothole (because everything is too hard on your rear end,new heavier duty shocks and heavy duty low coils) great.
All things in moderations guys, great to have a good handling street car but it doesn't have to have urethane every where to do the right job.

Cheers

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Bluedriver -
I've had several cars with urethane on every joint possible and haven't experienced the characteristics you describe.
Any car that does, has the wrong damper and spring combination as it's not urethane to blame for skipping out on a mid corner bump, in fact urethane typically improves this.
Urethane only tightens up the joints, it doesn't change the spring/damper rate.

Rick.

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
Soxx said:
Bluedriver -
I've had several cars with urethane on every joint possible and haven't experienced the characteristics you describe.
Any car that does, has the wrong damper and spring combination as it's not urethane to blame for skipping out on a mid corner bump, in fact urethane typically improves this.
Urethane only tightens up the joints, it doesn't change the spring/damper rate.

Rick.
As I said horses for courses....
You are one of the horses which is satisfied with it every where.
You missed the point though, I never said only "urethane" was to blame for the skip out,or that the product changes the spring/damper rate....re read what I wrote.
Its a combination of all, cheeesh !!

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Well, I did read your post, and that's why I made those comments.

Skipping out on a mid corner bump has nothing at all to do with urethane, and in fact urethane will help to eliminate this.
Skipping mid corner is a product of sloppy suspension joints, underdamped/oversprung suspension, and poor suspension geometry.

Urethanes bad characteristics are hashness, that is all, and even this can be helped by good choice of springs/dampers.

BTW, I always read what I'm replying to.

Rick.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
BOOTY_66 said:
where do we get these kits and umm is that one you got walkinshaw a pack but just a different kit i guess ?? and where is SA could you get one ?
I think its called an FORDEVO1 kit from nolathane. You can get it anywhere, REPCO, Sprint, Supercheap, Speed shops.

you will need to get the rear trailing arms pressed in and out with a hydraluic press, the others can be done by hand.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Bitching????....
Just presenting the facts dude, you know what they say, if you can't handle the heat....

Rick.

381 Posts
Too much urethane isn't always good, has been known to rip/crack mounting points overtime cause everything too tight, however for outright performance track use you'd want it, for a comfortable street car just dont use it. If it can help my axle tramp in the EA then I'll try whereever is recommended.

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
ah Soxx you have your view I have mine, yes it was very nice and warm where I was on holidays, I love the heat

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Bluedriver -
You started with the sarcasm with your 'Opinions are like arseholes' post.
The claims being made by you about the rear end skipping because of polyurethane (in part) is simply wrong. As I've stated several times, poly bushes help this situation, not worsen it.
It has nothing at all to do with opinions and views, it has to do with facts.

The only reason why one may not use poly bushes is because of the increased ride harshness, this part comes down to opinion. OK.

BTW, good to hear you had a great holiday.......

Rick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts