·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
jimt3te50 said:
Just found this, and was thinking if Ford US developed a fix then they obviously thought there was a problem- was hoping our oz counterparts over here would acknowledge this- then maybe we could get something done about it.
Third gear is clearly the main problem in the TR3650, and the third gear listed,(TCEE1462), is a standard replacement third gear, so this can be a "fix it" kit how?

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
The only problem I have with mine, is the rattle at idle, as far as I know can be fixed by Mal Woods....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does he fix it and what's it cost- I want it done......

·
Registered
116 Posts
All I know is that mine feels more ordinary and makes heaps more loud unhealthy noises than the car I traded in on it but it only had a tad over
450,000 km on the clock so maybe it hadn't developed noises ??????

Don't take it too seriously though I would still rather drive this one any day. I love it.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
jimt3te50 said:
how does he fix it and what's it cost- I want it done......
WBT56 will be able to tell ya more about it, When I rang Mal ages ago he said its a ezey fix, something to do with shimming the clusters "or something like that" I was worried about mine but after talking to him, he said it's not a problem, so mine will be staying rattley, dont know about this 3rd gear noise though, haven't heard it so I cant comment........

·
Registered
256 Posts
The TS 50 rattles at idle only but the BA XR8 ute does have at rattle that travels up the gearstick in 3rd under accelleration. Not worried yet about the ute still has drive in 3rd gear. When theres no drive I'll take it back or when the stereo won't drown the rattle out anymore.

GOOD LUCK GETTING HELP FROM YOUR DEALER OR FOMOCO WITH YOUR PRIDE AND JOY!!!! WITH ANY MAJOR WARRANTY CLAIM!!!

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
The tremec in my T3 is a tight as a nut......not a single sound......all i get is the cranky 2nd to third change when it's cold.....once she's warm she is as slick as...

Cheers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts