Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting some responses from those who have fitted a NOS system to a 5ltr efi Windsor? I am looking at the stage 1 (dry) kit (40-140hp) which NOS claim can be very safely fitted to a stock engine. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit or similar.
Cheers Bernie.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
You will have to check with RTA to see if this is a legal mod. There was a ute on the forums that had a very similar system fitted!!! He has pictures in the gallery.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Does anyone know whether it is legal to fit it to QLD vehicles????

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
You can fit it legally to any car, remeber to fit a solenoid switch that doesnt open till WOT (Wide Open Throttle) is achieved, and an aircraft missle switch to arm the sucker in the first place, if it gets set off and the engine is full of NOS then try start it .......... BOOM ......
Keeping the bottle connected or even in the car disconnected while on PUBLIC roads is illegal in nearly every state to the best of my knowledge, mainly for the above reason.

Jason

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression that NOS fitment was illegal on any road registered vehicles in WA and Queensland, but in all other Australian states is legal as long as the line from the bottle is disconnected (Bottle can remain in situ) when on public roads.
However, I will be contacting the RTA to confirm all this.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
normally wa is pretty lax about car regulations etc... after all, we can have radar detectors if we want. (shame is, we're the only state that use Ka band speed cameras which are damn hard to pick up)

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
just to reinforce earlier comments, you can have NOS plumbing and bottle in the car on the street, BUT it must not be connected. On/off valves arent satisfactory enough. They want the both the lines and bottle visually separated while on the street. It is also illegal to use NOS on the public roads if anyone didnt know.

my 2c

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
No, in Qld you can't even have the plumbing in the car for Nitrous Oxide any more.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
There ya go! Thanks for puttin it straight big fella! :hy:Thats something never knew about qld regulations. :idk:

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Yes you can have it plumbed.

Yes you can fit that kit to your 5L easily.

Personally I would prefer a wet kit.

You must have you lines disconnected at all times, and in some states have your bottle out of the vehicle.

In Victoria you must also have the wires to your control solenoids "disconnected" as well.

My disconnection is the switch on the dash! =D

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
How much fun would a 100hp NOS kit be on a standard EB 5ltr? :heydude: Would it be viable?

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
From the Ozrace web page http://www.ozrace.com/
In Queensland and Western Australia it is illegal to fit a Nitrous
Kit to a registered street vehicle, we are still negiotiating with these
states. In all the other states the law states:
"a road registered vehicle fitted with nitrous oxide must have the
system modified so that the bottle is properly secured in the brackets
provided and isolated from the engine (disconnect the main braided line
from the bottle), and the supply line to the engine is physically blocked
off with an approved A-1 Performance disarming kit (a disarming kit is
included in every OZNOS Kit, so that the joiner tubes from the solenoids to
the injection point may be removed) whilst the vehicle is being street
driven."

Damn, these kits sound awesome and are really cheap bang for buck too! Damn these laws! I know and have seen quite a few registered cars with Nitrous Oxide running. An extra 100 / 150hp would certainly be nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts