Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recycler
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it says drag car in the post so i would think that is what it is, i don't think it would be streetable with the engine we are building, its a 40l engine from an ed, we started with 30'' forge pistons flat tops, drill and pinned the rods to take bigger rod bolts, the head has had major porting and polishing done and decked 60'' to give us 12.8.1 comp ratio to run avgas, we are yet to pick a cam but are looking at the 2 biggest they make for them, we are hoping to run low 11s on nos, so if you see a blue print pearl metelic td cortina with 9'' 12 slotter on the 9'' diff and 8'' on the front that would be me hey.

·
Team Betta Racing
123 Posts
I don't know about QLD, but my neighbour is a cop and he said that its only illegal to have NOS in your car when the bottle is connected. If you just disconnect the pipe from the bottle - its okay!!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
coxy321 said:
I don't know about QLD, but my neighbour is a cop and he said that its only illegal to have NOS in your car when the bottle is connected. If you just disconnect the pipe from the bottle - its okay!!
That is the case in some states, but in QLD it can not be even installed in the car connected or not. Bugga huh.

·
Recycler
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is the same in QLD, no bottle in the car thou, emtpy or not, some one here just got done with a fake bottle it wont even hold gas, stupid hey

·
Team Betta Racing
123 Posts
What about painting it silver, and throwing an LP Gas sticker on it? Its either that or you'll have to be sneaky. Like Fast & Furious style. :wnc:

·
Recycler
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i beleive he painted a fire ext bottle blue and put a noz sticker on it, yes you could hide it under the back seat and make the seat hard to pull out.

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Plenty of ways to get around it, but the question is why would you want to have it on the car on the street anyway?

If its any kind of serious car, then a real shot of nitrous would be pointless and a waste on the street.

F & F...... yeh ;(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts