Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Yeah, I havent been too sure whether its just being released on the Xbox, Motor made it sound like it was exclusive to Xbox, then again, they probably meant that its not going onto PS2.

Oh well, GT4 is out around then anyway.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Meh bring it on the Gamecube ! then i might buy it... ps2 is boring me, PC not good enough to run games anymore :(

havent even played much of the first one tho

·
Yea! when i get some money i am going to Pre-Buy it so i get it damn quick! thereason i got a Graphics card i did was so it could handle RD2.

I need to buy a Dvd-Rom first though, because its on the DVD-ROM disc, anyone want to give me a dvd-rom drive?

should be wicked! V8 Supercars with out Mark Skaife! (hopefully) woohoo!

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
id ont even have a dvd on my pc yet either lol definately wouldnt get the game yet... tho i have had GT4 preordered since about august last year

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueraven said:
I hope it looks better than that on the pc :/
What do you mean? I thought the graphics look quite good. You have to remember that those screen shots would have come from the game what is still under developement.

The graphics is V8 driver one were good, especially if you have a good video card.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well I got an email from codemasters, follow the links appears PS2 has been left out damn it.

Hi, I'm Rich Tysoe, Codemasters' new motorsports Community Liason
Officer, and with the release of V8 Supercars 2 fast approaching I
thought I'd send a quick "newsflash" to give you a heads-up on some
hot news.

If you go to http://www.atari.com.au, on the 16th of February, there's
going to be a big announcement about the game. I'm not going to
spoil the suspense, so I'll only say that it's something big...

I'll have more news for you in a week or so - when the next issue of
"Revved Up" goes out, but I thought you'd appreciate a special update
on this.

You can find even more information, screenshots, and downloads, for
V8 Supercars 2 at: http://www.codemasters.com/v8supercars2/

If you want to talk about this, or anything else relating to V8
Supercars 2, then head to the official V8 supercars 2 forum at:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20

Yours,
Rich Tysoe
Motorsports Community Liaison Officer
Codemasters
[email protected]

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Jamie XR6 said:
What do you mean? I thought the graphics look quite good. You have to remember that those screen shots would have come from the game what is still under developement.

The graphics is V8 driver one were good, especially if you have a good video card.
The polly count looked lower than I expected it to be and the textures did not look that great imho.

Its hard to judge tho, because screenshots from pcs usually look way better due to the resolution difference..

Maybe im becoming jaded? With games coming out like gt4, half life 2, doom3, far cry, stalker....etc...etc

·
V8 Supercars 2 - New Teams Announced

Sydney, Australia - 16th February 2004 – Atari, Australia's premier source of interactive software, proudly announces that V8 Supercars 2, the second release of the official AVESCO licensed V8 Supercar game will include the addition of four new race tracks and five new teams including extremely popular Holden Racing Team.

V8 Supercars 2 is the sequel to the top-selling V8 racing game 'V8 Supercar Race Driver' that promises more cars, more tracks and more teams to make it the ultimate racing simulator for Xbox and PC CDROM.

Featuring more teams, V8 Supercars 2 now includes Ford Performance Racing, Team Kiwi, Team Dynamik, Team Betta Electrical and the Holden Racing Team.

V8 Supercar fans will now be able to race against the likes of Craig Baird, Jason Richards, Simon Wills, Todd Kelly and five times V8 Supercar Champion Mark Skaife.

Tony Cochrane, Chairman of the V8 Supercars governing body AVESCO commented,"The success of V8 Supercar Race Driver has been nothing short of astounding. It is yet another prime example of the grassroots support for all things V8 Supercars in this region of the world. Like all racing game nuts, I cannot wait to get my hands on V8 Supercars 2!”
V8 Supercars 2 will also feature more V8 Supercar tracks including Barbagallo Raceway, Indy 300 Surfers Paradise, Hidden Valley Raceway and, for the first time, New Zealand's Pukekohe Park Raceway. With an astounding attention to detail, each track has been reproduced accurately to provide the most realistic racing environment possible.

For those who want more than V8 racing, V8 Supercars 2 includes over 30 global championships, with players competing in events including GT Sports Car Racing, Street Racing, Rally, Global GT Lights, Rally Cross, Formula Ford, Open Wheel Grand Prix and Classic Car Racing. V8 Supercars 2 truly is the ultimate racing simulator.

Mark Gilbert, Group Marketing Manager for Atari Australia said,"Not only do we now have more V8 content than ever before we also have a massive array of other world famous tracks, championships and cars. The aim of Codemasters, as the tag line indicates, was to make the game the 'ultimate racing simulator' with super realistic physics and real world graphics. Fans of all motor racing, let alone V8 Supercar fans will be very impressed".

V8 Supercars 2 will be available on Xbox and PC CDROM and will release in April 2004. Click on the thumbnail images for high resolution images of V8 Supercars 2 and click on the link below for more information on this great game!

http://www.atari.com.au/news/?action=view&id=574,

they seem to be focusing on HRT and Mark Skaife because he has won 5 Championships, also it says its coming out on CD-Rom, not DVD-Rom, i wish i could find out for sure

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
I bet Big nose having XBox as sponsor has something to do with it not being on PS2.

It would be better without him anyway. It's probebly rigged so he wins just like the real thing.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well it all started on PS2. so Sony have alot to answer to

1 - 15 of 15 Posts