Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"We're getting used to be looked at by cameras,but how about them listening to us ?
New technology in South Australia is targeting noisy truck brakes. A microphone picks up noise from passing traffic and a computer monitors the sound. If brake noise above a certain limit is detected,a camera then photographs the offender and generates a fine the same way as a speed camera. NSW's RTA is thought likely to trial the camera on the Pacific Highway, near Coffs Harbour. There is no suggestion yet that it'll be listening to exhausts as well as brakes " AMCN Dec 19 issue
What else will they dream up to rip $$ out of us motorists. You can bet this will apply to exhausts, sound systems etc, down the track. When they discover what a nice revenue earner this is. The boffins who invent this shit,need castrating with a blunt razor blade !!!

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
All we need is a state opposition party to realise that if they are prepared to do with less revenue by getting rid of cameras or by significantly increasing their tollerance, and they give it enough media attention, then they will win the next state election.

I can't really see too many people enjoying this over-parenting approach given by state governments, who's possible agendas have been discussed prior. As usual, its the vocal minority vs the silent majority on the issue.

Someone should stand for motorist's rights in a state senate (if a senate exists in a particular state) just to show that the majority of people are sick and tired of this bullshit. Even if its just an independant, it will start to send a message.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Where will it end........

:AAHHH:

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
Before long, all cars will be fitted with encoders in their rego stickers, and they will be able to be monitored along sections of road (a-la "Saf-E-ty Cam"). Set up Saf-E-ty cams on the start and end of stacks of major arterial roads to see if our average speed is faster than the posted speed limit.... its getting really bad. I think I might take up flying...

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
I can't wait for the gov to move from actual pictures to these etag radio devices some of them don't even require power and can be placed in side rego stickers as you said.
So why can't I wait for this form of monitoring?
Much easier to disable or confuse electrical equipment rather than light (aka photo evidence)

·
spaced out
648 Posts
They already have these cameras in action in sydney, but they are used for accident black spots

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
So if I stood beside the camera and screamed my ring off each time a car went past, it would fine every one of them?

Hmm I wonder when the RTA will extend their "Safety Campaign" to include "After The Event" fines for the deceased? Surely they are a large untapped source of revenue... ?

·
Registered
738 Posts
So, what if there are 2 sources next to each other - with the combined noise breaking the limit? This system appears to be flawed from my perspective. I suppose the pollies are thinking why let technicalities get in the way of more revenue?

·
Registered
540 Posts
There will be no more of the following;

Laughing and enjoying yourselves
Picking your schnozz
Scratching your arse
Commenting on a hot looking babe
Laughing at the ricey cruising down the road with just a head showing wearing a baseball cap on backwards
Saying that all pollies are wand polishers
Opening your lunch box in private
Driving anything other than a Toyata Prius (incorrect spelling, sorry)
And being caught on LS1 forums.

If you are caught, you will be hung drawn and quartered and the governement will take all of your money

·
Newbie #10458632
100 Posts
casrms1450 said:
What else will they dream up to rip $$ out of us motorists. You can bet this will apply to exhausts, sound systems etc, down the track. When they discover what a nice revenue earner this is. The boffins who invent this shit,need castrating with a blunt razor blade !!!
They can't get a dollar off you unless you have a noisy exhaust, sound system or brakes...

·
spaced out
648 Posts
These cameras can only be used to call you in for a test since the way these things must be tested, perhaps they can book trukies for using the air breaks inside a small town were the signs says not to

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
well I for one wont be compliaing if they target those damn B&S utes that try and be mack trucks...jeez they pee me off!

And we think ricers have load shitty zorts...they are not much better.

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
We have to take a stand and start cutting them down with a petrol powered cutoff wheel!
How many of these cameras (speeding , redlight & now noise etc ) Once they go missing how long before someone gets the message that put one up and it'll be lopped down??
I think we all as a nation should take a stand and block every major highway for a week and just sit there till they remove these bullshit devices! & Admit that there just for revenue nothing more!
If we dont do something soon where will it end?? Over in the uk they have something like 13,000!! (by 2004) cameras checking every vehicles rego and match them to a data base checking for speed violations, breaking road rules in general like illigal "u" turns etc, outstanding fines, warrants etc....!!! It will get this bad over here if we dont pull ourselves together and Do Something in the form of a mass protest rallies untill they back down!
Over in Canada 2yrs ago the govenment was going to increase the tax on all fuels (diesel included) By a measly 5% increase right, They Had every highway blocked with thousands of trucks withing 2 days of this news!! And they didn't move for a week!!
Guess what happened?? The government backed down over it and swore it wouldn't increase the tax for 5 years!!
We have to get off our asses & we need to do something just like this over all of these personal infringmant cameras!
WE HAVE THE POWER NOT THE POLLY'S AND WE HAVE TO EXERCISE IT AND SOON!!
Why should we continuely get the shaft and just accept it??? They work for us not visa versa!!!!!
cheers
Nev

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
philstoj said:
next they will come up with something to monitor us farting.....
Shit Sparkles! You're nicked on those ones!! :rofl:

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
It will be interesting to see what they do with this. I wonder if they will try to charge you for the testing, even if you prove innocent ?

Guilty until you pay to prove your innocent ?

·
Experimental Racer#6
8,192 Posts
Next they will have a ban on dark colours.

"New Law"
All Cars will be sold in Bright safety colours only, eg, white, yellow, red, orange, fluro green.
You will have 12 months to change the colour of your car or it will be confiscated, the 50c given to you as retribution.
The State Gummint, will give you $2, for the colour change and the Fedral Gummint will give you $1.85.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
this is all getting so damned rediculous

i wonder how long it will be before we have groups over here going around smashing all these things up. Wasnt there a thread about some place overseas where some bikers were going around smashing all the cameras up? its bound to happen here soon too

its almost a bloody invasion of privacy all these cameras! :AAHHH:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts