Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have known this I suppose.

I've been insured through NRMA since the year dot and have not made an at fault claim since 1989. I have had numerous cars including some modified and paid some big premiums. Now the scum refuse to insure me for the new XR8 - no explanation given.

I have to say I voted against the NRMA float and everything people predicted would happen is happening. Raised premiums, shoddy service levels, branches closing, and fat cats sucking up money (like that Whitlam crook).

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sound no good at all mate. I hope this Ford Insure company will be able to come to the party with competitive insurance. This issue is only going to get worse. I have always got a quote before I have bought and put the pressure on the dealer saying making the sale is subject to me making the insurance work for me. Sometimes it is interesting to see them work if they think the deal will fall over

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Doesn't sound real good Pete.. :( I'm with the NRMA too so I hope this doesn't happen to me next year..

Let us know how you get on mate..

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No company will take this car on at this stage because it is modified. Most companies won't even touch an XR8 at all.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I was with NRMA prior to getting the XR6, and I had Swann Insurance (CGU subsidiary) arranged with the Ford Credit finance. Even with years of being a customer, membership, finance, etc through them they were still more expensive than the Swann Insurance premium.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm insured with NRMA, no probs. They have no problem with the mods on my EB; 17s, lowered, stereo. I don't think they like engine mods but.

·
2,153 Posts
I think you will find NRMA and others are cleaning out their books of undesirable cars such as sports cars and Excels. Otherwise they too can also end up like HIH.

Can you get insurance through your work? At mine they offer a two flat rates depending on the car. About $800 for a standard car, and $1400 for any exotics (BMW, Merc, SS, XR, WRX etc). I'm currently with GIO but might swap to this when it expires.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I should have known this I suppose.

I've been insured through NRMA since the year dot and have not made an at fault claim since 1989. I have had numerous cars including some modified and paid some big premiums. Now the scum refuse to insure me for the new XR8 - no explanation given.

I have to say I voted against the NRMA float and everything people predicted would happen is happening. Raised premiums, shoddy service levels, branches closing, and fat cats sucking up money (like that Whitlam crook).

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!
All insurance companies are scum!!!!!

I ended up with Elders who matched Tourque underwritters!! ended up saving 2000.00 on 3 cars and got free home insurance!!!

Start shopping around mate! Btw how modified is your car??

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Torque Underwriters:
$4677 per year, must have extra immobiliser, and $600 excess for 30 yrs and over only.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
This is phucken bull****:fmad: :cussing: I hate these pricks..when I bought my car (current car...92 Galant GSR), when I was shopping around for insurance (first car..first insurance policy) they wanted on average between $2000 and $3500, with some not even wanting to know me. So I pay the price because I wanted a relatively new car with some nice features, yet they shafted me. I ended up having to insure the bastard in my dads name because I refused to pay that sort of premium on a car that I paid $15,000 for.

I got no chance in hell insuring an AV XR/TE then:fmad:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
I got no chance in hell insuring an AV XR/TE then:fmad:
Makes two of then mate.. :(
Anyone got any details about this Ford Insure mob? Are they worth looking at?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I like is when I was yound they said you had to get to 25 to get decent premiums. Then it went to 29. Then 30. Now some are as high as 35. All coinciding with my age steps.

It's like they have it out for me or something.

Anyhow, got a deal with Prestige Car Insurance Sutherland NSW 02-95451366. Remember guys - it's not just about the premium. You need to make sure you are well covered and above all have choice of repairer and genuine parts clauses.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Torque Underwriters:
$4677 per year, must have extra immobiliser, and $600 excess for 30 yrs and over only.
Ok

A Dare!!

Ring Up the Victorian Division, say your from the Xr Owners Car Club, and get a quote, geezus mate, mine was only $1500.00 for a $60,000 coverage with ALL my mods

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I will be in the same boat as JEM and Ford Man with an AV. I think the Turbo XR6s will end up been like the previous generation of WRXs to insure. Any news on the Ford insure thing? Hope they can look after their buyers with reasonable prices otherwise Ford wont be selling as many XRs as they should.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Torque Underwriters:
:eek: :( That is unbelievable, and unfortunate for all of us.It does make you wonder how they can justify that sort of premium.
Do they think all XR/T series drivers are BAD drivers or are the cars prone to getting flogged?
Let's hope this Ford Insure gets off the ground then eh.:rolleyes:
Russell.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
I think NRMA have a biig time phobia against modified cars and after market tuning houses like Corsa, Herrod, SVO etc.

I know if i had one of these special cars i'd ditch NRMA.
Yeah about NRMA they always do that, drop the agreed value of the car and increase insurance fee. :( :( :(

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LAMINGE:
Gimme contact numbers for your Torque and Elders people.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts